Re: Linux bootable CD for secure ad-hoc wifi sharing?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Squiggle, Jan 30, 2009.

  1. Squiggle

    Squiggle Guest

    ofn01 threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > I have looked at monowall and Live CDRouter etc. but want to know if anyone
    > thinks this is possible:
    >
    > Booting a Linux LiveCD, that reads config off a USB stick, and configures a
    > wireless laptop that is connected to a router via ethernet to share its
    > wireless NIC in ad-hoc mode with WPA security?
    >
    > XP can do all of this easily except for the LiveCD part and only allows WEP.
    > Vista can do this except for the LiveCD part.

    Google BartPE, and Pe2usb and you will probably find that A Live CD/USB
    XP install is an option (dependant on hardware being able to boot from
    CD/USB).

    WPA2 hotfix for XP, was released before SP3 IIRC, so might be included
    in SP3.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2f-d52b-4f84-ace8-f7fc20195769&DisplayLang=en

    Squiggle, Jan 30, 2009