Re: Linux a big success with Birmingham City Council as micoshaft asstroturfers weep

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by softnfurry, Feb 27, 2010.

  1. softnfurry

    softnfurry Guest

    "7" <> wrote in message
    > Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster with a big girlie butt
    > pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil
    > Traffic Light Department of Marketing:
    >

    >> ... and "no Linux desktops have yet been installed."
    >>
    >> http://news.techworld.com/operating-systems/7459/birmingham-city-council-

    > claims-open-source-success/
    >>
    >> Another organizational migration to Linux slopware fails.

    > Lying again Asstroturfer?
    >
    > Wrong again as usual because they are going to deploy big time!!!!
    >
    > Besides micoshaft marketing is known to invent fake bloggers like
    > you and plant fake stories and not attribute their fake stories
    > to their very real paymasters.
    >

    > The first thing they would have found out is that Windump support is
    > unprofessional and ad-hoc ad-libbed - no one has the source code to speak
    > with ANY certainty!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > Medical software, NHS software, naval software, financial services
    > software,
    > GPS software, and emergency services software included!!!!
    > 1000% FEAR, UNCERTAINTY AND DOUBT IN CRITICAL MOMENTS holding your hands
    > to your destiny with your maker.
    >
    > Windump support is unprofessional and ad-hoc ad libbed - no one has the
    > source code!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!
    >

    > Not like Linux.
    >
    > You can look inside, the source code is freely downloadable and all the
    > support is free / self help / open sourced.
    >
    > 75% of Linux is now developed with corporate paid developers so the time
    > repair of critical issues is about 1 day.
    >
    > Since so many corporations are involved, the commercial Linux support
    > network
    > is far bigger and more responsive than windump legacy crap.
    > And everybody can check each other because source code is out in
    > the open. So everybody gains. No wonder retailers love Linux. Linux now
    > sells
    > 5 million to 10 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY!
    >

    > The main reason I chose Linux is because
    > windummy support is unprofessional, ad-libbed and unreliable - no one has
    > the source code!!!!!!!!! You really can't pay for that kind
    > of support and run a business.

    So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for someone used
    to windows ?
    I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff...
    Is there a point'n'click Linux?

    softnfurry, Feb 27, 2010

  2. softnfurry

    TomB Guest

    Re: Linux a big success with Birmingham City Council as micoshaftasstroturfers weep

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
    On 2010-02-27, the following emerged from the brain of softnfurry:

    > So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for someone used
    > to windows ?
    > I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff...
    > Is there a point'n'click Linux?

    Unfortunately not. It's still all command line. And because the video
    drivers are no good you're better off connecting a serial terminal to
    your machine.

    The names of the applications say it all:

    KDE stands for Konsole Driven Environment.
    GNOME stands for GNU Obsolete Monochrome Environment.

    And contrary to popular belief the X Window System is actually
    something used in building construction work.

    --
    Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

    TomB, Feb 27, 2010

  3. softnfurry

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 19:13:17 +0000, softnfurry wrote:

    >> The main reason I chose Linux is because windummy support is
    >> unprofessional, ad-libbed and unreliable - no one has the source
    >> code!!!!!!!!! You really can't pay for that kind of support and run a
    >> business.
    >>

    > So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for someone
    > used to windows ?
    > I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff... Is there a
    > point'n'click Linux?

    Do you think Linux doesn't do pointy-clicky at all?

    LOL

    --
    "The whole purpose of setting up Guantanamo Bay is for torture. Why do
    this? Because you want to escape the rule of law.... Guantanamo and the

    Aardvark, Feb 27, 2010
  4. softnfurry

    John Holmes Guest

    softnfurry "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "7" <> wrote in message
    >> Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster with a big girlie butt
    >> pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft
    >> Appil Traffic Light Department of Marketing:
    >>

    >>> ... and "no Linux desktops have yet been installed."
    >>>
    >>> http://news.techworld.com/operating-systems/7459/birmingham-city-coun
    >>> cil-

    >> claims-open-source-success/
    >>>
    >>> Another organizational migration to Linux slopware fails.

    >> Lying again Asstroturfer?
    >>
    >> Wrong again as usual because they are going to deploy big time!!!!
    >>
    >> Besides micoshaft marketing is known to invent fake bloggers like
    >> you and plant fake stories and not attribute their fake stories
    >> to their very real paymasters.
    >>

    >> The first thing they would have found out is that Windump support is
    >> unprofessional and ad-hoc ad-libbed - no one has the source code to
    >> speak with ANY certainty!!!!!!!!!
    >>
    >> Medical software, NHS software, naval software, financial services
    >> software,
    >> GPS software, and emergency services software included!!!!
    >> 1000% FEAR, UNCERTAINTY AND DOUBT IN CRITICAL MOMENTS holding your
    >> hands to your destiny with your maker.
    >>
    >> Windump support is unprofessional and ad-hoc ad libbed - no one has
    >> the source code!!!!!!!!!
    >>
    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!
    >>

    >> Not like Linux.
    >>
    >> You can look inside, the source code is freely downloadable and all
    >> the support is free / self help / open sourced.
    >>
    >> 75% of Linux is now developed with corporate paid developers so the
    >> time to
    >> repair of critical issues is about 1 day.
    >>
    >> Since so many corporations are involved, the commercial Linux support
    >> network
    >> is far bigger and more responsive than windump legacy crap.
    >> And everybody can check each other because source code is out in
    >> the open. So everybody gains. No wonder retailers love Linux. Linux
    >> now sells
    >> 5 million to 10 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY!
    >>

    >> The main reason I chose Linux is because
    >> windummy support is unprofessional, ad-libbed and unreliable - no one
    >> has the source code!!!!!!!!! You really can't pay for that kind
    >> of support and run a business.
    >>

    > So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for someone
    > used to windows ?

    SlackWare. Forget RedHat, suSe and others. Get Slack.

    > I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff...
    > Is there a point'n'click Linux?

    SlackWare, get it on www.linuxiso.org
    But it's more fun to learn "cmd stuff" as you call it.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Feb 27, 2010
  5. softnfurry

    soup Guest

    On 27/02/2010 19:13, softnfurry wrote:

    > So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for someone
    > used to windows ?
    > I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff...
    > Is there a point'n'click Linux?

    Yup, well sort of , all (AFAIA) distributions of Linux can be used with
    a GUI (Graphical User Interface)KDE & GNOME are the most populous.
    Perhaps the easiest "Linux" to use is an instance of Ubunto installed
    using Wubi
    http://wubi-installer.org/
    this will give you the "flavour" of using Linux but it will install as
    if a Windows programme. This approach will probably be sneered at by
    purists but it does give someone steeped in the Windows world a "taste"
    of what a Linux experience can be like.
    Following that probably one of the live CDs of a Linux O/S

    soup, Feb 27, 2010
  6. softnfurry

    JeffM Guest

    Which Linux? (was: ...Birmingham...)

    softnfurry wrote:
    >Is there a point'n'click Linux?

    You need to shed your current source of Linux information.
    It appears you are reading junk from 1993.

    >if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop,
    >which is best for someone used to windows ?

    Ready-out-of-the-box distros include:
    SuperOS (DVD-sized; Ubuntu-based)
    Sabayon (Gentoo-based)
    Fedora Omega (RedHat-based)
    These are more complete than other Linux distros or even Windoze
    in that they *come* with pre-installed proprietary codecs,
    DVD support, Flash, Java, Acrobat Reader, and Microsoft fonts.

    You can boot to the plastic disk
    and *RUN* the OS and apps from there.
    IOW, you **don't** have to install it to try it.

    This one doesn't have a boot-to-a-desktop CD yet;
    you have to install it to the HDD to try it
    --but, again, it's complete out of the box:
    Pardus (an independent bloodline)

    Get several distros on CD/DVD and give each a test drive
    to see which one YOU like. Your local Linux Users Group
    is an excellent source of information and help.

    This isn't Linux but it is a Unix-like environment.
    Very cool in that it is *graphical* and runs from a floppy:
    http://google.com/search?q=kolibrios

    JeffM, Feb 27, 2010
  7. John Holmes wrote:

    < snip >

    >> So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for someone
    >> used to windows ?

    > SlackWare. Forget RedHat, suSe and others. Get Slack.

    Forget this. Slackware isn't for newbies. "John Holmes" is trying to
    mislead here

    >> I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff...
    >> Is there a point'n'click Linux?
    >>

    > SlackWare, get it on www.linuxiso.org
    > But it's more fun to learn "cmd stuff" as you call it.

    See? Cretinous does not really describe this "advice" to newbies
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    Let it get in YOUR way. The problem for your problem.

    Peter Köhlmann, Feb 27, 2010
  8. softnfurry

    softnfurry Guest

    Never having used it, how the **** should I know?

    softnfurry, Feb 27, 2010
  9. softnfurry

    softnfurry Guest

    "soup" <> wrote in message
    > On 27/02/2010 19:13, softnfurry wrote:
    >
    >> So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for someone
    >> used to windows ?
    >> I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff...
    >> Is there a point'n'click Linux?

    > Yup, well sort of , all (AFAIA) distributions of Linux can be used with a
    > GUI (Graphical User Interface)KDE & GNOME are the most populous. Perhaps
    > the easiest "Linux" to use is an instance of Ubunto installed using Wubi
    > http://wubi-installer.org/
    > this will give you the "flavour" of using Linux but it will install as if
    > a Windows programme. This approach will probably be sneered at by purists
    > but it does give someone steeped in the Windows world a "taste" of what a
    > Linux experience can be like.
    > Following that probably one of the live CDs of a Linux O/S

    That sound like the best option for a newbie, I'll try Ubuntu.
    Thanks.

    softnfurry, Feb 27, 2010
  10. softnfurry

    bbgruff Guest

    On Saturday 27 February 2010 23:30 softnfurry wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 19:13:17 +0000, softnfurry wrote:

    >> Do you think Linux doesn't do pointy-clicky at all?
    >>
    >> LOL

    > Never having used it, how the **** should I know?

    Fair comment then.

    However, to see what Linux can do with a "green monochrome monitor"(!), can
    you spare 3 minutes and 36 seconds? You need to watch it through :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWLA5Fw5gAY

    Is that pointy-clicky enough? :)

    bbgruff, Feb 27, 2010
  11. softnfurry

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > softnfurry wrote:
    >>

    >> So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for someone
    >> used to windows ?
    >> I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff...
    >> Is there a point'n'click Linux?

    > Linux has had a GUI for well over ten years

    Sorry to interject here philo, but linux - and X which *was* the first
    gui have been in existance since at least the early 90's. windows 95
    came out *after* I had run X (Xfree86 that is) for the first time.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 28, 2010
  12. softnfurry

    chuckcar Guest

    "softnfurry" <.> wrote in

    > "soup" <> wrote in message
    >> On 27/02/2010 19:13, softnfurry wrote:
    >>
    >>> So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for
    >>> someone used to windows ?
    >>> I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff...
    >>> Is there a point'n'click Linux?

    >> Yup, well sort of , all (AFAIA) distributions of Linux can be used
    >> with a GUI (Graphical User Interface)KDE & GNOME are the most
    >> populous. Perhaps the easiest "Linux" to use is an instance of Ubunto
    >> installed using Wubi http://wubi-installer.org/
    >> this will give you the "flavour" of using Linux but it will install
    >> as if a Windows programme. This approach will probably be sneered at
    >> by purists but it does give someone steeped in the Windows world a
    >> "taste" of what a Linux experience can be like.
    >> Following that probably one of the live CDs of a Linux O/S

    > That sound like the best option for a newbie, I'll try Ubuntu.
    > Thanks.

    And so yet another person who doesn't have a clue how to use a computer
    gets thrust into the world of confusion. Thank you Mr. Gauss.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 28, 2010
  13. softnfurry

    chuckcar Guest

    TomB <> wrote in

    > ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
    > On 2010-02-27, the following emerged from the brain of softnfurry:
    >>
    >> So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for someone
    >> used to windows ?
    >> I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff...
    >> Is there a point'n'click Linux?

    > Unfortunately not. It's still all command line. And because the video
    > drivers are no good you're better off connecting a serial terminal to
    > your machine.
    >
    > The names of the applications say it all:
    >
    > KDE stands for Konsole Driven Environment.
    > GNOME stands for GNU Obsolete Monochrome Environment.
    >
    > And contrary to popular belief the X Window System is actually
    > something used in building construction work.

    Anyone who believes that any GUI for a OS will *ever* do more than a
    console, should be given a whistle. So they feel they serve a purpose
    of course.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 28, 2010
  14. softnfurry

    Snit Guest

    Re: Linux a big success with Birmingham City Council as micoshaftasstroturfers weep

    chuckcar stated in post Xns9D2D32C6F48chuck@127.0.0.1 on 2/27/10 10:33 PM:

    > TomB <> wrote in
    >
    >> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.advocacy.]
    >> On 2010-02-27, the following emerged from the brain of softnfurry:
    >>>
    >>> So if I want to try Linux on an AMD laptop, which is best for someone
    >>> used to windows ?
    >>> I am great at point'n'click but no memory for cmd stuff...
    >>> Is there a point'n'click Linux?

    >> Unfortunately not. It's still all command line. And because the video
    >> drivers are no good you're better off connecting a serial terminal to
    >> your machine.
    >>
    >> The names of the applications say it all:
    >>
    >> KDE stands for Konsole Driven Environment.
    >> GNOME stands for GNU Obsolete Monochrome Environment.
    >>
    >> And contrary to popular belief the X Window System is actually
    >> something used in building construction work.
    >>

    > Anyone who believes that any GUI for a OS will *ever* do more than a
    > console, should be given a whistle. So they feel they serve a purpose
    > of course.

    An OS is not what does stuff... people are. And, in general, people can do
    more with a good GUI than with any command line.

    --
    [INSERT .SIG HERE]

    Snit, Feb 28, 2010
  15. softnfurry

    chuckcar Guest

    Snit <> wrote in

    >>> KDE stands for Konsole Driven Environment.
    >>> GNOME stands for GNU Obsolete Monochrome Environment.
    >>>
    >>> And contrary to popular belief the X Window System is actually
    >>> something used in building construction work.
    >>>

    >> Anyone who believes that any GUI for a OS will *ever* do more than a
    >> console, should be given a whistle. So they feel they serve a purpose
    >> of course.

    > An OS is not what does stuff... people are. And, in general, people
    > can do more with a good GUI than with any command line.

    But only if they know how to program. Which requires a CLI.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 28, 2010
  16. softnfurry

    Snit Guest

    Re: Linux a big success with Birmingham City Council as micoshaftasstroturfers weep

    chuckcar stated in post Xns9D2D9E7AB34Echuck@127.0.0.1 on 2/27/10 11:03 PM:

    > Snit <> wrote in

    >>> Anyone who believes that any GUI for a OS will *ever* do more than a
    >>> console, should be given a whistle. So they feel they serve a purpose
    >>> of course.

    >> An OS is not what does stuff... people are. And, in general, people
    >> can do more with a good GUI than with any command line.
    >>

    > But only if they know how to program. Which requires a CLI.

    Most people do not know how to program. Oh, and programming does not
    requite a CLI.

    --
    [INSERT .SIG HERE]

    Snit, Feb 28, 2010
  17. softnfurry

    chuckcar Guest

    Snit <> wrote in

    >>> An OS is not what does stuff... people are. And, in general, people
    >>> can do more with a good GUI than with any command line.
    >>>

    >> But only if they know how to program. Which requires a CLI.
    >>

    > Most people do not know how to program. Oh, and programming does not
    > requite a CLI.

    Two of the most popular misconceptions that computer users have . Thank
    you for pointing them out Mrs. venerial disease clinic

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 28, 2010
  18. softnfurry

    freemont Guest

    Re: Linux a big success with Birmingham City Council as micoshaftasstroturfers weep

    On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 06:43:42 +0000, chuckcar writ:

    > Snit <> wrote in

    >>> But only if they know how to program. Which requires a CLI.
    >>>

    >> Most people do not know how to program. Oh, and programming does not
    >> requite a CLI.
    >>

    > Two of the most popular misconceptions that computer users have . Thank
    > you for pointing them out Mrs. venerial disease clinic

    Notice how he ignores your argument? Good ol' Chucktard.

    Submitted to 24hoursupport-tards.info:

    "Programming requires a CLI."
    --
    â‚ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    â‚ Beware the 24hoursupport tards:

    freemont, Feb 28, 2010
  19. softnfurry

    freemont Guest

    Re: Linux a big success with Birmingham City Council as micoshaftasstroturfers weep

    On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 07:45:36 +0000, freemont writ:

    > On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 06:43:42 +0000, chuckcar writ:
    >
    >> Snit <> wrote in

    >>> Most people do not know how to program. Oh, and programming does not
    >>> requite a CLI.
    >>>

    >> Two of the most popular misconceptions that computer users have . Thank
    >> you for pointing them out Mrs. venerial disease clinic

    > Notice how he ignores your argument? Good ol' Chucktard.
    >
    > Submitted to 24hoursupport-tards.info:
    >
    > "Programming requires a CLI."

    Christ, ignore me...

    Too much beer. Apologies.

    freemont, Feb 28, 2010
  20. softnfurry

    softnfurry Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "softnfurry" <.> wrote in
    >

    >> "soup" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yup, well sort of , all (AFAIA) distributions of Linux can be used
    >>> with a GUI (Graphical User Interface)KDE & GNOME are the most
    >>> populous. Perhaps the easiest "Linux" to use is an instance of Ubunto
    >>> installed using Wubi http://wubi-installer.org/
    >>> this will give you the "flavour" of using Linux but it will install
    >>> as if a Windows programme. This approach will probably be sneered at
    >>> by purists but it does give someone steeped in the Windows world a
    >>> "taste" of what a Linux experience can be like.
    >>> Following that probably one of the live CDs of a Linux O/S

    >> That sound like the best option for a newbie, I'll try Ubuntu.
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > And so yet another person who doesn't have a clue how to use a computer
    > gets thrust into the world of confusion. Thank you Mr. Gauss.

    I don't want to "know how to use a computer", I want an environment where I
    can use one to mail, surf and research without poncing about fixing it every
    few days. I have used 95, 98, me, xp and vista. They all have major
    problems. I though I might try the OS touted as the "new god" of
    computing...

    softnfurry, Feb 28, 2010