Re: Linksys router and Belkin PCI card

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Thomas F. Divine, Dec 3, 2009.

  1. Make sure the router wireless setup includes the 802.11 "abg or n"
    configurations that match the adapters on your laptops.

    For example, if the router is setup for "N-only" operation (and some LinkSys
    are that way...), then it will only support laptops that are in the 802.11
    'N' mode. A laptop operating in the 802.11 'G' mode may not see the router.

    So, setup the router for "mixed mode" and it should support 'N" and 'G'
    laptops.

    There may be another issue here, I encountered this one recently.

    Good luck!

    Thomas F. Divine

    Thomas F. Divine, Dec 3, 2009

  2. Thomas F. Divine

    Lem Guest

    Rex D Last wrote:
    > Although the security settings on
    > both devices were apparently identical I tweaked them a bit and the
    > problem was solved. If anyone is interested I can post details of the
    > tweaks.

    Please do post details.

    Glad you got things working.
    --