Re: Linksys router and Belkin PCI card

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Lem, Dec 3, 2009.

  1. Lem

    Lem Guest

    Rex D Last wrote:
    > I am new to this group and apologise if this has been answered before.
    >
    > My old Belkin wireless router modem gave up and I've bought a new
    > Linksys WAG160N. This connects perfectly to one PC by cable and
    > wirelessly to a Sony Vaio laptop. Another PC has a Belkin PCI wireless
    > network card and this and the router cannot 'see' each other. Can anyone
    > suggest how to do this or is it impossible? All 3 computers are
    > running XP SP3.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Your new Linksys router is wireless-N. Your old Belkin PCI card
    probably is wireless-G or even wireless-B. Enter the router's web
    configuration utility and go to Basic Wireless Settings and ensure that
    "Network Mode" is "mixed" (which should be the default). See the Linksys
    User Guide for more details.

    --
    Lem

    Apollo 11 - 40 years ago: