Re: Links won't open in Portable Thunderbird, fix?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Leonidas Jones, Jan 3, 2010.

  1. S.Rodgers wrote:
    > Because it's the portable version of Thunderbird and I'm also using
    > the portable version of Firefox, I wasn't surprised is this new
    > installation to find that links in mail received in Thunderbird
    > wouldn't open in Firefox (or anything for that matter). Both are
    > portable so I knew that I'd have to tell TB what to do with the links.
    >
    > After sifting through countless entries re Linux fixes, found one for
    > Window$ (as I'm not yet ready for Linux, that's a few days away) where
    > I created the network handlers in about:config.
    >
    > I also found a reg file that would supposedly do the same thing which
    > I modified to show the correct path.
    >
    > Neither option worked. Does anyone know a full-proof way to set
    > Thunderbird to open emailed URLs in Firefox?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Note that a Portable SeaMonkey is now available. This will solve the
    issue. Links in Portable SeaMonkey Mail/News will open ion the Portable
    SeaMonkey Browser, and mailto links in the Browser will open in Mail/News.

    With Portable FF/TB, these links are going to open in the host
    computer's default applications, there is no way around that. The
    SeaMonkey Suite is hard coded together, solving this issue.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 3, 2010