Re: LindowsOS skymedia (ihug Ultra) install

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Craig Whitmore, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    news:benvlv$jpa$...

    >> samba setserial skeleton splash_checkfs splash_checkroot

    > splash_init rdsendsigs single skymedia splash_checkfs_done
    > splash_checkroot_done sysklogd
    >
    > xp2100:/etc/init.d# skymedia start
    >
    > bash: skymedia: command not found
    >
    > xp2100:/etc/init.d#

    As "." (Current Directory) is not in your path this will not work. Use
    "./skymedia" or the full path of "/etc/init.d/skymedia"

    Thanks
    Craig

    Craig Whitmore, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Craig Whitmore

    cowboyz Guest

    "Craig Whitmore" <> wrote in message

    > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> samba setserial skeleton splash_checkfs splash_checkroot

    > > splash_init rdsendsigs single skymedia splash_checkfs_done
    > > splash_checkroot_done sysklogd
    > >
    > > xp2100:/etc/init.d# skymedia start
    > >
    > > bash: skymedia: command not found
    > >
    > > xp2100:/etc/init.d#

    > As "." (Current Directory) is not in your path this will not work. Use
    > "./skymedia" or the full path of "/etc/init.d/skymedia"
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig

    yep, thanx for that. Got that bit sorted. Now it just will not mount
    even though I think it is. What is a good Linux newsgroup that gets some
    traffic that I might be able to get some help from? I have tried
    aus.computers.linux ihug.ultra.nz but they get no traffic (well not in the
    last 24 hours anyway)
    I'll spend some time on it today although I think that Lindows is going out
    the window in favour of mandrake but my mandrake CD1 is damaged so I'll have
    to download it again. Doesn't jetsteam ftp host it? I'll go check....
    straying into train of thought here ......................

    --
    "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."

    cowboyz, Jul 12, 2003