Re: Limitations...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Whiskers, Jul 4, 2010.

  1. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-07-03, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:
    > A man's gotta know his. After spending the better part of an afternoon
    > trying to make a w327 go into bridge mode and set a linksys as the DHCP
    > server, I realised: I aint smart enough. So I'm hiring it out. Stumbling
    > blocks: the w327 gets DHCP from the ISP. So that is a problem.

    Why? The IP address it gets from the ISP will be the one used by the ISP
    to route traffic to your internet connection. A separate DHCP server will
    allocate IP numbers for routing traffic within your local network.
    Usually, there is only one router on a local network and it includes the
    local DHCP server.

    > Some
    > indications were to set it to router-bridge. Both the w327 and the
    > linksys WRV210 use 192.168.1.1 as their internal setup page addy.

    So change one, or both. There is sure to be an option for that somewhere.
    Of course, you'll have to do /that/ part while only the router you're
    changing the local IP address of is in the circuit.

    > Given all that and the severe brain damage, I think I made the right
    > call.

    Quite possibly ;))

    > <nods>
    > Happy 4th of July, bitches.