    music is there and I can still copy it ok. But I was wondering if there is
    any way I can move it to my music folder. Thanks again for all your help.
    The program is brilliant.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Pat

    Sly Guest

    look in the shared folder, c:\Documents and Settings\Kalvert\Shared' its all
    there, i usually make a shortcut to the shared in a convenient spot so i can
    access it faster
    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    > Kaz and old jon very kindly helped and advised me with the downloading of
    > Limewire. Thanks a lot for your help. I have downloaded it and all is
    > working well. Just one slight problem. During the download process a

    message
    > came up saying 'Downloaded to c:\Documents and Settings\Kalvert\Shared'. I
    > assumed I would be able to find the music after download is complete in my
    > music folder, but I can't. If I click on Library on Limewire, the

    downloaded

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Pat

    Sly Guest

    usually by default, limewire puts all files into c: windows shared, so if
    thats your case, create a shortcut to it for easy access

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Thanks for that. I have found it now and made a short cut. Is there any way
    that I can change it from the shared folder to my music folder.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Pat

    Sly Guest

    copy and past the files or move the files in the shared folder to a
    destination of your choice

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Thanks for your help. All sorted.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  7. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Have just found that I cannot delete anything in Limewire Library. It says
    'cannot delete as it maybe used by another file'. Sorry, but it's going to
    take me a while to get used to the program.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  8. Pat

    Sly Guest

    when limewire is running, as in connected, it shares files with others, if
    someone is currently uploading or downloading from you then the file cannot
    be deleted, hit disconnect and it stops them, now you can delete, or just
    close the limewire program, and you can delete

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  9. Pat

    Sly Guest

    also, if you wanna be a jerk, you can limit uploads from you to a very low
    number or stop uploads completely, to stop them, go to
    tools/options/uploads/slots, to disconnect limewire from the net, hit
    file/disconnect

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  10. Pat

    old jon Guest

    Hi Pat, as I said at my first post to you, Limewire is a P2P file share.
    That`s the reason all D\Loads go into your shared folder, but if you look at
    the menus in LW you will find that you can have `shared` whereever you want
    it to be. Remember the shared folder, generally is where others can upload
    from you, but of course you can give them access to anything you`d like to
    share. There is a help file you can D\L from LW.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 1, 2005
  11. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "Sly" <> wrote in message
    > when limewire is running, as in connected, it shares files with others, if
    > someone is currently uploading or downloading from you then the file
    > cannot
    > be deleted, hit disconnect and it stops them, now you can delete, or just
    > close the limewire program, and you can delete

    Have just done as you suggested. Maybe I did it wrong, but in the library I
    now have the following listed:
    Limewire On Startup
    Limewire
    Limewire
    Limewire
    Limewire 20
    Spacer
    Uninstall.
    Does that sound right to you, or have I done something wrong.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  12. Pat

    Sly Guest

    all that is in the library? im confused

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  13. Pat

    Sly Guest

    also, if you want to see whos uploading and what there trying to upload, hit
    monitor and the bottom area shows who and what, you can also stop the person
    from uploading right there if you wish

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  14. Pat

    Sly Guest

    library contains items that you are shareing and shows incomplete files

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  15. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "Sly" <> wrote in message
    > all that is in the library? im confused

    Yes, so am I. I have deleted most of them, but there are 3 left that will
    not delete.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  16. Pat

    Sly Guest

    disconnect from the net and try again, if they woint delete trhen just
    ignore the files and forget them, it wont hurt anything and will take up
    nearly no space on your harddrive, depending on the size of course

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  17. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "Sly" <> wrote in message
    > disconnect from the net and try again, if they woint delete trhen just
    > ignore the files and forget them, it wont hurt anything and will take up
    > nearly no space on your harddrive, depending on the size of course

    Have already tried that, shut down and rebooted too but they still wont
    delete. Also, when I rebooted the desktop icon has changed to something like
    a white square page and the icon in the system tray has gone. Think I must
    be doing something wrong.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  18. Pat

    Sly Guest

    if your running win me or xp, try system restore to a previous point

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005