Re: limewire is gone ..where now

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Nov 2, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 13:44:53 -0700, Mungaloid wrote:

    >> my occasional download of music via limewire
    >> is now gone
    >>
    >> where do i go now
    >>

    > Frostwire replicates the Limewire experience. Seems to be faster, fewer
    > users.

    Don't trust it. I just tried it out and like bittorrent, the sneaky
    bastards leave a program running on your machine after you shut down the
    program. I uninstalled the program properly. Still, the files remained
    intact even though the wizard went through all the motions.
    Task manager showed the program was still operational.

    richard, Nov 2, 2010

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 09:22:58 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > In message <>, "Mungaloid"
    > pondered the following:

    >>> Don't trust it. I just tried it out and like bittorrent, the sneaky
    >>> bastards leave a program running on your machine after you shut down the
    >>> program. I uninstalled the program properly. Still, the files remained
    >>> intact even though the wizard went through all the motions.
    >>> Task manager showed the program was still operational.

    >> Did you choose the option to minimize to the tray on closing? I didn't see
    >> any Frostwire process running after closing the program.
    >>

    > Richy dun know how the p2p systems be workin, yo.
    > Torrents require that you leave a file on yer computer to seed, thus SHARING
    > files.
    > But some peeps just wanna leach.
    >
    > Word.

    I know how the system works, asswipe.
    As I said, the program went through the motions of uninstalling and still
    left the files intact, leaving the program operational even though I had it
    turned off and uninstalled?
    That's just piss poor programming.

    I quit using bittorrent because I found out there was an active program
    even when the main one was shut down. That active program allowed others to
    see my entire computer files. That is not how the system is supposed to
    work.

    richard, Nov 3, 2010

  3. richard <> st00pid posted this bullshit:

    > I quit using bittorrent because

    He was too phreekin' st00pid to figger it oot.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 3, 2010
  4. "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:45:32 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>I know how the system works, asswipe.

    > I seriously doubt that.
    >
    >>As I said, the program went through the motions of uninstalling and still
    >>left the files intact, leaving the program operational even though I had it
    >>turned off and uninstalled?

    > My bet is you did something wrong.
    >
    >>That's just piss poor programming.

    > We call it 1D10T error or PRBKAC.
    >
    >>I quit using bittorrent because I found out there was an active program
    >>even when the main one was shut down. That active program allowed others to
    >>see my entire computer files. That is not how the system is supposed to
    >>work.

    > I bet you configured something to do so.
    > --
    > To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address.

    i heard about iD10T.
    i had to look up PRBKAC.
    is it PEBKAC?
    or is it
    Problem Richard Bullis, Keyboard And Chair?

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Nov 3, 2010
  5. Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:

    > "Evan Platt" wrote:
    >> We call it 1D10T error or PRBKAC.

    > i heard about iD10T.
    > i had to look up PRBKAC.
    > is it PEBKAC?
    > or is it
    > Problem Richard Bullis, Keyboard And Chair?

    Problem Resides Between Keyboard And Chair.
    Less common than Problem Exists...
    Or a typo. The R and the E are right next to each other, eh?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 3, 2010