Re: Light Relief

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by TurkReno, Jan 12, 2007.

  1. TurkReno

    TurkReno Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlSVRHaXJs?= <> wrote in

    > Thought it might be fun to share some of our funny IT Support
    > stories. Here are a couple to kick off:
    >
    > "Can you replace the battery for my mouse please?" (user had an
    > optical mouse which had become dislodged from the back of the PC).
    >
    > "I've unplugged something from the socket underneath my desk and
    > plugged my phone charger into it. Now my screen has gone blank. What
    > shall I do? (no explanation necessary!)
    >
    > I'm sure some of you guys can do better!
    >
    > IT Girl

    "Does this keyboard use bleach or Tide when you use it to wash clothes?"

    (Picks up the mouse)"When I talk into this thing, the computer does
    NOTHING!".

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    TurkReno, Jan 12, 2007

  2. I feel so happy...I get to tell geek stories now too. :)

    Really though, the only one for me that stands out is this one:
    A lady called the HD stating something was wrong with her printer. She had
    just put in a new ink cartridge, and now the printer doesn't print. I go to
    her office, check the cartridge, and...yup...the tape was still on the head
    of the cartridge.

    Only other one I can think of that was equally as bad was the user who
    called and said she couldn't get her disk out of her drive...one of the other
    techs took the actual phone call, and asked me to go check it out. I took my
    trusty paper clip, thinking it was a CD. Nope...it was a floppy, and the
    label had just folded over itself a bit, causing it to not fully eject from
    the drive. So I gently pulled it out and flattened out the label.

    And now at my current job, I can't tell you how many times a day we're doing
    password resets!! Is it really that difficult for people to remember their
    own password that they create?! Jeez!
    Frank Shannon, Jan 13, 2007

  3. Oh, and let's not forget everyone's favorite user...the one who thinks they
    know a great deal about computers, but is calling the help desk every other
    day because they screwed something up and can't figure out what it is.

    Yeah, I just ran into that this week...keeps tweaking settings on his
    laptop, doesn't pay attention to what he's doing, and then wonders what's
    wrong. Thank goodness this place doesn't block System Restore Points (yes,
    it's gotten that bad with this guy...his PC privileges should be
    revoked...LOL).
    Frank Shannon, Jan 13, 2007
  4. lol hey my name is Keith so watch it! Actually I get ribbed about messing
    stuff up all the time but they all know they would be in a world of hurt
    without me

    Keith Chilton, Jan 15, 2007
  5. TurkReno

    TurkReno Guest

    "Keith Chilton" <> wrote in

    > lol hey my name is Keith so watch it! Actually I get ribbed about
    > messing stuff up all the time but they all know they would be in a
    > world of hurt without me
    >

    > "TheITGirl" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "Frank Shannon" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Oh, and let's not forget everyone's favorite user...the one who
    >>> thinks they
    >>> know a great deal about computers, but is calling the help desk
    >>> every other
    >>> day because they screwed something up and can't figure out what it
    >>> is.
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, I just ran into that this week...keeps tweaking settings on
    >>> his laptop, doesn't pay attention to what he's doing, and then
    >>> wonders what's wrong. Thank goodness this place doesn't block
    >>> System Restore Points (yes,
    >>> it's gotten that bad with this guy...his PC privileges should be
    >>> revoked...LOL).

    >> Ha! That reminds me of the Senior Partner at a law firm I used to
    >> work for
    >> as a secretary (before I got into IT). He was fascinated by
    >> computers, but
    >> unfortunately, like your guy, he thought he knew a lot more than he
    >> did.
    >>
    >> Every few days this guy would have a problem of some sort and storm
    >> off down
    >> the corridor to the comms room, the entrance to which led off the
    >> open-plan
    >> area shared by us secretaries. Well, we had no on-site IT person at
    >> that time and you can hardly tell the Senior Partner to keep out of
    >> there can you?
    >> It got so bad that, when one of saw him go into the comms room, the
    >> cry would
    >> go up: "Save your work girls, Keith's in the Comms Room". Without
    >> fail, he
    >> would fiddle with something and bring the whole office to a
    >> standstill.
    >>
    >> IT Girl

    Don't top post. It's rude.

    --