Re: Light Meter Repair

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dudley Hanks, Jun 10, 2009.

  1. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message news:...
    >I have an old Sekonic Flashmate L3088 light meter which lost its incident
    >light metering hemisphere, or at least most of it. The slider is still
    >there.
    >
    > I bought a new slider / hemisphere (about $40CDN) and am trying to figure
    > out how to get the old slider off so that I can put the new one on.
    >
    > There doesn't seem to be any screws to remove, and nothing seems to pop or
    > slide off. Any ideas how to make this repair short of taking it in to
    > repair shop?
    >
    > Thanks for the info.
    >
    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    Sorry, I think I got the model no. wrong. The label is a bit worn, but I'm
    told it looks like L-308B.

    Any info greatly appreciated.

    Take Care,
    Dudley
    Dudley Hanks, Jun 10, 2009

  2. Dudley Hanks

    Nicko Guest

    On Jun 9, 11:46 pm, "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote:
    > "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message news:...
    > >I have an old Sekonic Flashmate L3088 light meter which lost its incident
    > >light metering hemisphere, or at least most of it.  The slider is still
    > >there.

    > > I bought a new slider / hemisphere (about $40CDN) and am trying to figure
    > > out how to get the old slider off so that I can put the new one on.

    > > There doesn't seem to be any screws to remove, and nothing seems to pop or
    > > slide off.  Any ideas how to make this repair short of taking it in to
    > > repair shop?

    > > Thanks for the info.

    > > Take Care,
    > > Dudley

    > Sorry, I think I got the model no. wrong.  The label is a bit worn, but I'm
    > told it looks like L-308B.
    >
    > Any info greatly appreciated.

    http://www.cameramanuals.org/flashes_meters/sekonic_l-308bii.pdf

    If you look at page 3 of this PDF user manual (enlarge the heck out of
    it), it shows how to fit and remove an accessory flat lumidisc to the
    unit. I wouldn't be surprised if the original sliding dome snaps on
    and off in exactly the same manner, but just doesn't have a tab
    ("strap eyelet" in the PDF) for doing so. That would indicate that
    the dome snaps off starting at the top (front) edge of the meter. I
    would try *gently* prying it up at that location.

    HTH.

    --
    YOP...
    Nicko, Jun 10, 2009

  3. Dudley Hanks

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Nicko" <> wrote in message
    On Jun 9, 11:46 pm, "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote:
    > "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message news:...
    > >I have an old Sekonic Flashmate L3088 light meter which lost its incident
    > >light metering hemisphere, or at least most of it. The slider is still
    > >there.

    > > I bought a new slider / hemisphere (about $40CDN) and am trying to
    > > figure
    > > out how to get the old slider off so that I can put the new one on.

    > > There doesn't seem to be any screws to remove, and nothing seems to pop
    > > or
    > > slide off. Any ideas how to make this repair short of taking it in to
    > > repair shop?

    > > Thanks for the info.

    > > Take Care,
    > > Dudley

    > Sorry, I think I got the model no. wrong. The label is a bit worn, but I'm
    > told it looks like L-308B.
    >
    > Any info greatly appreciated.

    http://www.cameramanuals.org/flashes_meters/sekonic_l-308bii.pdf

    If you look at page 3 of this PDF user manual (enlarge the heck out of
    it), it shows how to fit and remove an accessory flat lumidisc to the
    unit. I wouldn't be surprised if the original sliding dome snaps on
    and off in exactly the same manner, but just doesn't have a tab
    ("strap eyelet" in the PDF) for doing so. That would indicate that
    the dome snaps off starting at the top (front) edge of the meter. I
    would try *gently* prying it up at that location.

    HTH.

    --
    YOP...

    Thanks, Nick, for the info. I appreciate it a lot. I'll get my son to
    check it out, and we'll give it a try.

    Take Care,
    Dudley
    Dudley Hanks, Jun 10, 2009