Re: LifeView FlyVideo3000

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Murray Symon, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Murray Symon

    Murray Symon Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 17:35:23 +1200, Kazonme wrote:

    > How is LifeView FlyVideo3000 TVtuner now?
    >
    > In the day of Flyview 98 the screen display is terrible !

    I have the '98 and it gives a clear, sharp picture.
    Mind you, one thing they don't warn you about is that it is
    very fussy about your video card. If it cannot use the video
    card's overlay properly (or if the card has no overlay mode
    available) it falls back to pixel capture mode which does
    look pretty shocking.
    I had to play around with all sorts of Win98 drivers for
    my old Savage4 card until I found the ONE that worked OK.
    OTOH, bttv/xawtv under Linux worked perfectly when given
    the card ID.
    Murray.
    Murray Symon, Jul 13, 2003