Re: Lexmark Optra R+ started to print slow (6.5 ppm not 14 as before)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PhilÅ, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    I have the same setup, but 32MB, yep it does sometimes print about half the
    speed, but I think this is due to the fonts or graphics used. If I fill
    notepad with ten pages it prints at 12PPM, in word with a few fonts, alot
    slower.

    PhilÅ, Aug 26, 2003

  2. PhilÅ

    Guest

    Thanks for the reply,
    I tried to print (actually copy 500 page) of the same text and it
    printed first 20 pages fast and then went slow again. I stopped the
    process and told it to print text as graphics and again the same
    thing, fast then slow.

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:27:38 +0100, "PhilЕ" <>
    wrote:

    >I have the same setup, but 32MB, yep it does sometimes print about half the
    >speed, but I think this is due to the fonts or graphics used. If I fill
    >notepad with ten pages it prints at 12PPM, in word with a few fonts, alot
    >slower.
    >

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Hi dear and all mighty ALL,
    >>

    >> I got myself a second (or third or fourth) hand Lexmark Optra R+ laser
    >> printer.
    >> upgraded to 64mb RAM and lower 500 pages tray.
    >>
    >> At first I had no problems with it and it was printing at the quoted
    >> speed for 300-600 dpi 14 ppm.
    >> But at first after the first 12-14 pages and now always it started to
    >> print just 6.5 pages in on e minute. Before it was taking one sheet of
    >> paper, printing another inside and spittin gout the third. Now it
    >> takes one and doesn't take the next one all the way until it spat out
    >> the one just taken.
    >>
    >> Any ideas anyone???
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    >> PLZ reply to the group