Re: Letters Type Backwards Firefox 3.03

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by John Doe, Oct 14, 2008.

  1. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Tony of Dyker Beach wrote:

    > It seems that several times a day all of a sudden Firefox 3.03
    > will start typing backwards. Tony shows as ynoT?

    My speech recognition program types for me, but I've never known my
    browser to type anything. I guess you mean it displays text
    backwards.

    > I have no extensions of themes.
    >
    > Also when this happens many times the menu items will start
    > scrolling to each one.

    Scrolling to each other? I don't understand that either.

    > I know there is no virus or malware either.

    How do you know there is no virus or malware?

    > Any ideas?

    I would suspect foul play.

    Please provide some detail, I'm genuinely curious to know what you
    are talking about. Can you post a screenshot somewhere and provide a
    link here?

    --
    The first big front wheel rollerblades.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/
    John Doe, Oct 14, 2008

  2. Tony of Dyker Beach wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 21:04:51 GMT, John Doe <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Tony of Dyker Beach wrote:
    >>
    >>> It seems that several times a day all of a sudden Firefox 3.03
    >>> will start typing backwards. Tony shows as ynoT?

    >> My speech recognition program types for me, but I've never known my
    >> browser to type anything. I guess you mean it displays text
    >> backwards.

    > Yes.

    >>> Also when this happens many times the menu items will start
    >>> scrolling to each one.

    >> Scrolling to each other? I don't understand that either.

    > Yes it highlights each menu option. Left too right very fast.
    >>> I know there is no virus or malware either.

    >> How do you know there is no virus or malware?

    > Virus checks.
    >
    >> I would suspect foul play.

    > I sincerely doubt it.
    >
    >> Please provide some detail, I'm genuinely curious to know what you
    >> are talking about. Can you post a screenshot somewhere and provide a
    >> link here?

    > Sorry I can't.
    >
    > But my name Tony of Dyker Beach will show as ynoT fO rekyD hcaeB.

    what extensions do you have installed? Do you have the
    backwards extension?

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 15, 2008

  3. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Tony of Dyker Beach wrote:

    >> But my name Tony of Dyker Beach will show as ynoT fO rekyD hcaeB.

    > Do you have the backwards extension?

    Is that for real?
    Just curious.
    John Doe, Oct 15, 2008
  4. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Tony of Dyker Beach wrote:

    > John Doe <>

    >>Tony of Dyker Beach wrote:
    >>
    >>> It seems that several times a day all of a sudden Firefox 3.03
    >>> will start typing backwards. Tony shows as ynoT?

    >>My speech recognition program types for me, but I've never known
    >>my browser to type anything. I guess you mean it displays text
    >>backwards.

    > Yes.

    >>> Also when this happens many times the menu items will start
    >>> scrolling to each one.

    >>Scrolling to each other? I don't understand that either.

    > Yes it highlights each menu option. Left too right very fast.

    Immediately after you click on the menu?

    And then you see menu options spelled backwards?

    Maybe that's when the reversal happens for that particular menu drop
    down list.

    >>> I know there is no virus or malware either.

    >>How do you know there is no virus or malware?

    > Virus checks.

    What virus checks? Have you tried running the most current version
    of Ad-Aware?

    >>I would suspect foul play.

    > I sincerely doubt it.

    When troubleshooting, you go with the best lead that you have. Do
    you have a better lead?

    >>Please provide some detail, I'm genuinely curious to know what you
    >>are talking about. Can you post a screenshot somewhere and provide
    >>a link here?

    > Sorry I can't.

    Learn how.

    John Doe, Oct 15, 2008
  5. John Doe wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> Tony of Dyker Beach wrote:

    >>> But my name Tony of Dyker Beach will show as ynoT fO rekyD hcaeB.

    >> Do you have the backwards extension?

    > Is that for real?
    > Just curious.

    I really don't know, but then you never know. All I do
    know is there is this: http://www.revfad.com/flip.html
    <lɯʇɥ˙dılÉŸ/ɯoɔ˙pÉÉŸÊŒÇɹ˙ÊÊÊ//:dʇʇɥ>

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 15, 2008