Re: Length of headphone extension cord

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, Oct 20, 2009.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm considering moving my TV set from one side of my living room to another. I
    > listen to it mostly using earphones, for several reasons. Right now, I simply
    > have an extension cord which plugs into the side of the TV (52" Sony Bravia) and
    > runs behind some furniture to my headphines at the sofa. But to make the move,
    > I'm going to have to route the extension cord through a wall, into the attic,
    > and down to the sofa due to the layout of the room. How long can an extension
    > cord be without losing any of the signal to the headphones, or does it matter at
    > all? I saw a 50' extension on eBay for $9.00 which would make the run and leave
    > me with some left over. I use full size circum-aural Sennheiser headphones right
    > now. And I have tried wireless but don't really like them. Thanks.

    Just test the long extension cord before drilling any holes. Also, why
    drill holes? You can get baseboard cord clips (half-moon clips with
    tang that slides behind the baseboard) that you could use to run the
    cord along the baseboard and up and around door trim). If you don't
    like the appearance of the cord along the wall then get self-stick wire
    moulding (which you can leave behind when you move versus having to
    spackle in the holes that you drilled). If you're going to all the
    trouble of drilling holes in your walls then why not get wall plates
    with audio connectors?

    VanguardLH, Oct 20, 2009