Re: Length of headphone extension cord

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Oct 20, 2009.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm considering moving my TV set from one side of my living room to another. I
    > listen to it mostly using earphones, for several reasons. Right now, I simply
    > have an extension cord which plugs into the side of the TV (52" Sony Bravia) and
    > runs behind some furniture to my headphines at the sofa. But to make the move,
    > I'm going to have to route the extension cord through a wall, into the attic,
    > and down to the sofa due to the layout of the room. How long can an extension
    > cord be without losing any of the signal to the headphones, or does it matter at
    > all? I saw a 50' extension on eBay for $9.00 which would make the run and leave
    > me with some left over. I use full size circum-aural Sennheiser headphones right
    > now. And I have tried wireless but don't really like them. Thanks.

    No appreciable loss in a cord of that length...even if there was, your
    volume control could easily compensate...

    BTW: try putting wireless headphones into a Google search

    philo, Oct 20, 2009

  2. philo

    Fred Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> I'm considering moving my TV set from one side of my living room to
    >> another. I
    >> listen to it mostly using earphones, for several reasons. Right now, I
    >> simply
    >> have an extension cord which plugs into the side of the TV (52" Sony
    >> Bravia) and
    >> runs behind some furniture to my headphines at the sofa. But to make the
    >> move,
    >> I'm going to have to route the extension cord through a wall, into the
    >> attic,
    >> and down to the sofa due to the layout of the room. How long can an
    >> extension
    >> cord be without losing any of the signal to the headphones, or does it
    >> matter at
    >> all? I saw a 50' extension on eBay for $9.00 which would make the run and
    >> leave
    >> me with some left over. I use full size circum-aural Sennheiser
    >> headphones right
    >> now. And I have tried wireless but don't really like them. Thanks.

    > No appreciable loss in a cord of that length...even if there was, your
    > volume control could easily compensate...
    >

    > BTW: try putting wireless headphones into a Google search

    And then what?

    Fred, Oct 20, 2009

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    Fred wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote:
    >>> I'm considering moving my TV set from one side of my living room to
    >>> another. I
    >>> listen to it mostly using earphones, for several reasons. Right now, I
    >>> simply
    >>> have an extension cord which plugs into the side of the TV (52" Sony
    >>> Bravia) and
    >>> runs behind some furniture to my headphines at the sofa. But to make the
    >>> move,
    >>> I'm going to have to route the extension cord through a wall, into the
    >>> attic,
    >>> and down to the sofa due to the layout of the room. How long can an
    >>> extension
    >>> cord be without losing any of the signal to the headphones, or does it
    >>> matter at
    >>> all? I saw a 50' extension on eBay for $9.00 which would make the run and
    >>> leave
    >>> me with some left over. I use full size circum-aural Sennheiser
    >>> headphones right
    >>> now. And I have tried wireless but don't really like them. Thanks.

    >> No appreciable loss in a cord of that length...even if there was, your
    >> volume control could easily compensate...
    >>

    >> BTW: try putting wireless headphones into a Google search

    > And then what?

    Oh yeah...I forgot to say: push <enter>

    philo, Oct 20, 2009