Re: Leica X1, only compact approved by Getty Images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ofnuts, Aug 9, 2010.

  1. Ofnuts

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 09/08/2010 04:06, Rich wrote:
    > What, no 1/2.3"sensored superzooms? I'm shocked.
    >
    > http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Leica_X1
    > _The_first_compact_approved_by_Getty_news_300782.html

    The X1 isn't even really a compact with its APS-C sensor.

    --
    Bertrand

    Ofnuts, Aug 9, 2010

  2. Ofnuts

    Bruce Guest

    On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 09:05:36 +0200, Ofnuts <>
    wrote:

    >On 09/08/2010 04:06, Rich wrote:
    >> What, no 1/2.3"sensored superzooms? I'm shocked.
    >>
    >> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Leica_X1
    >> _The_first_compact_approved_by_Getty_news_300782.html
    >>

    >The X1 isn't even really a compact with its APS-C sensor.

    The article states "However, Getty Images remains tight-lipped over
    the news. It has so far declined to comment on the report, despite
    repeated requests lodged by AP over the past few weeks."

    The probable reason for declining to comment is that Getty Images
    *does not* restrict its interest only to images that have been shot on
    the cameras on its recommended list.

    Bruce, Aug 9, 2010

  3. Ofnuts

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 09/08/2010 10:07, bugbear wrote:
    > Ofnuts wrote:
    >> On 09/08/2010 04:06, Rich wrote:
    >>> What, no 1/2.3"sensored superzooms? I'm shocked.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Leica_X1
    >>> _The_first_compact_approved_by_Getty_news_300782.html
    >>>

    >> The X1 isn't even really a compact with its APS-C sensor.
    >>

    > Since when is "compact" defined by sensor size?

    Of course not, but between the sensor, the fixed prime lens, the metal
    body, and the price, it ain't your typical compact either.

    More worrying is to find that Getty Images has that weird "camera"
    criterion.

    --
    Bertrand

    Ofnuts, Aug 9, 2010
  4. Ofnuts

    RichA Guest

    On Aug 9, 3:05 am, Ofnuts <> wrote:
    > On 09/08/2010 04:06, Rich wrote:
    >
    > > What, no 1/2.3"sensored superzooms?  I'm shocked.

    > >http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Leica_X1
    > > _The_first_compact_approved_by_Getty_news_300782.html

    > The X1 isn't even really a compact with its APS-C sensor.
    >
    > --
    > Bertrand

    Fixed lens and the body is pretty small, smaller than some superzooms.

    RichA, Aug 9, 2010
  5. Ofnuts

    Peter Guest

    "Ofnuts" <> wrote in message
    > On 09/08/2010 04:06, Rich wrote:
    >> What, no 1/2.3"sensored superzooms? I'm shocked.
    >>
    >> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Leica_X1
    >> _The_first_compact_approved_by_Getty_news_300782.html
    >>

    > The X1 isn't even really a compact with its APS-C sensor.

    Shhh!

    --
    Peter

    Peter, Aug 10, 2010
  6. Ofnuts

    Peter Guest

    "Bruce" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 09:05:36 +0200, Ofnuts <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On 09/08/2010 04:06, Rich wrote:
    >>> What, no 1/2.3"sensored superzooms? I'm shocked.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Leica_X1
    >>> _The_first_compact_approved_by_Getty_news_300782.html
    >>>

    >>The X1 isn't even really a compact with its APS-C sensor.

    > The article states "However, Getty Images remains tight-lipped over
    > the news. It has so far declined to comment on the report, despite
    > repeated requests lodged by AP over the past few weeks."
    >
    > The probable reason for declining to comment is that Getty Images
    > *does not* restrict its interest only to images that have been shot on
    > the cameras on its recommended list.

    More inside information Brucie?

    --
    Peter