    too.

    Just think of using a 12 or 15mm Heliar at 1:1 with digital capture!

    John at photodigitalstudio dot com

    _, Jul 16, 2003

  2. > I personally would like to see a 1:1 CCD M mount rangefinder with a
    > swing out screen like Canon G series.

    I agree.

    > Pattern metering would be nice
    > too.

    Blasphemy! If it's Leica, it has a center-weighted metering system... ;)

    > Just think of using a 12 or 15mm Heliar at 1:1 with digital capture!

    That would be interesting...

    Snorre Selmer, Jul 16, 2003

  3. How about the just-announced 10mp digital back for the Leica R9?

    Rich Hernandez, Jul 16, 2003
  4. _

    Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:45:55 +0200, "Snorre Selmer"
    <> wrote:

    >Blasphemy! If it's Leica, it has a center-weighted metering system... ;)

    I don't know which Leicas to which you were referring, but no LTM or M
    mount model as a centre-weighted meter ever

    Rick

    , Jul 16, 2003
  5. _ <> schrieb:

    >I personally would like to see a 1:1 CCD M mount rangefinder with a
    >swing out screen like Canon G series. Pattern metering would be nice
    >too.

    Won´t come that soon. Read the chat protocoll Leica organized for the
    announcement of the R-Digital Back. They quote the problem there:

    Current CCDs don´t behave to well to light falling in at low angles -
    just like it happens with lenses designed for low film-flange
    distance.

    >John at photodigitalstudio dot com

    Gruss, Roman

    Roman J. Rohleder, Jul 21, 2003
  6. _

    Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:42:04 +0200, Roman J. Rohleder
    <> wrote:

    >_ <> schrieb:
    >
    >>I personally would like to see a 1:1 CCD M mount rangefinder with a
    >>swing out screen like Canon G series. Pattern metering would be nice
    >>too.

    >Won´t come that soon. Read the chat protocoll Leica organized for the
    >announcement of the R-Digital Back. They quote the problem there:
    >
    >Current CCDs don´t behave to well to light falling in at low angles -
    >just like it happens with lenses designed for low film-flange
    >distance.

    This alleged problem does not affect the Zeiss/Hasselblad Biogon and
    Sinarback 54 combo:
    http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B58B9/allBySubject/D7EC913AE44F2651C1256CEF002B0244

    Rick

    , Jul 21, 2003