Re: *Legitimate* source for The Racket (1928)? re: add Hollywood Select Video to the list of Crooks

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by DrParnassus, Jun 21, 2010.

  1. DrParnassus

    DrParnassus Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 15:31:13 -0700, weary flake <>
    wrote:

    >Is there a legitimate source for The Racket (1928) (remade in
    >1951 as The Racket? HSV Hollywood Select Video is not it.
    >The assumption is that DVD companies that burn logos into
    >their films stole their product, because it's something only
    >crooks would do. Not a second of the HSV's 4 disc The Envelope
    >Please set fails to have a prominent burned in Hollywood Select
    >Video logo in the lower right hand corner, and this makes the
    >films unwatchable, and the DVDs DEFECTIVE AS DESIGNED. Reputable
    >companies DO NOT BURN logos into their films, good companies like
    >Alpha (Gotham), Nostalgia Family Video, Grapevine Video, Kino,
    >Image, Criterion, Warner Brothers, Flicker Alley, RetroFlix,
    >etc., whether they are DVDs or DVD-Rs. HSV goes onto the BAD
    >list, for the crime of bugging their product.
    >
    >Pretty much exonerated is Sinister Cinema, because it looks
    >like the copy of The Bat (1926) which had their logo 'S C'
    >burned into fully half of their DVD-R, which I bought and
    >returned as DEFECTIVE could be an anomaly, as I've bought a
    >couple westerns from them since, a silent and with sound, and
    >they were fine. I just ordered some fistfuls of Sinister
    >Cinema "B" movie goodies, so I'll be sure to let you all know
    >if they be not right.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043955/releaseinfo

    Find it under another country's title.

    You could try isohunt as well http://isohunt.com/lite/

    You have to learn about torrent collection though.

    http://www.torrentportal.com/download/618207/The Racket.torrent

    DrParnassus, Jun 21, 2010

  2. DrParnassus

    DrParnassus Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
    <> wrote:

    >no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
    >The Racket (1928),

    Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
    presumptuous dumbfuck!

    DrParnassus, Jun 21, 2010

  3. DrParnassus

    DrParnassus Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:09:30 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >DrParnassus aka Archtard wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
    >>> The Racket (1928),

    >> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
    >> presumptuous dumbfuck!

    >AAAaaaaaaand Archtard has another meltdown. Wotta shock.

    In a 'right world', the last thing you experience in life would be a
    huge shock, delivered by me.

    The last thing you would feel is the pain of your heart fibrillating.
    The last thing you would see would be my smiling, and even laughing face.

    Bwuahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahs!

    DrParnassus, Jun 22, 2010
  4. DrParnassus

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    DrParnassus wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:09:30 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> DrParnassus aka Archtard wrote:

    >>> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
    >>> presumptuous dumbfuck!

    >> AAAaaaaaaand Archtard has another meltdown. Wotta shock.

    > In a 'right world', the last thing you experience in life would be a
    > huge shock, delivered by me.
    >
    > The last thing you would feel is the pain of your heart fibrillating.
    > The last thing you would see would be my smiling, and even laughing face.
    >
    > Bwuahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahs!

    Thread hijacking, newsgroup killer strikes again. Congrats Archie!

    If you had even bothered to read the original post, which you actually
    replied to, you would have learned that the OP was looking for a copy
    without a logo. He also asked for a *legitimate* copy, not a link to
    your favorite illegal torrent download site.

    BlueBuyYoo, Jun 22, 2010
  5. DrParnassus

    DrParnassus Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:37:23 -0400, BlueBuyYoo <>
    wrote:

    > He also asked for a *legitimate* copy, not a link to
    >your favorite illegal torrent download site.

    Is that what it is?

    DrParnassus, Jun 22, 2010
  6. DrParnassus

    DrParnassus Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:52:19 -0700, "The Mighty Retarded T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >You're impotence squared.

    I'll bet you're childless.

    DrParnassus, Jun 22, 2010
  7. DrParnassus

    DrParnassus Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:17:36 -0700, weary flake <>
    wrote:

    >DrParnassus <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
    >> >The Racket (1928),

    >> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
    >> presumptuous dumbfuck!

    quoted:
    "Is there a legitimate source for The Racket (1928) (remade in
    1951 as The Racket?"

    The above remark is ALL I read of your post. So regardless of what YOU
    wrote, *I* did not say anything about what may or may not be included in
    the video on whatever you may or may not find wherever you may or may not
    look.

    DrParnassus, Jun 22, 2010
  8. DrParnassus

    Gilgamesh Guest

    "DrParnassus" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
    >>The Racket (1928),

    > Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
    > presumptuous dumbfuck!

    yes he did, it was in the original post that you responded to

    Gilgamesh, Jun 23, 2010
  9. DrParnassus

    DrParnassus Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:17:42 +0930, "Gilgamesh" <>
    wrote:

    >"DrParnassus" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
    >>>The Racket (1928),

    >> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
    >> presumptuous dumbfuck!

    >yes he did, it was in the original post that you responded to

    I was referring to MY response. You are obviously not American and are
    unfamiliar.

    Anyway, DL every instance of it you can find, and find the one you seek
    and shitcan the rest.

    DrParnassus, Jun 25, 2010
  10. DrParnassus

    Pandemonium Guest

    DrParnassus wrote:

    >>> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
    >>> presumptuous dumbfuck!

    >> yes he did, it was in the original post that you responded to

    > I was referring to MY response. You are obviously not American and are
    > unfamiliar.
    >
    > Anyway, DL every instance of it you can find, and find the one you seek
    > and shitcan the rest.

    Great advice, Einstein. Every single reply you've made in this thread has been exponentially more idiotic then your previous one. Congratulations.

    Pandemonium, Jun 25, 2010
  11. DrParnassus

    RoyLFuchs Guest

    DO **** off and die, Dip Tracy.

    RoyLFuchs, Jun 26, 2010
  12. DrParnassus

    Pandemonium Guest

    RoyLFuchs wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:24:14 -0700, Pandemonium
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Great advice,

    > DO **** off and die, Dip Tracy.

    Do you suck cock with that mouth?

    Pandemonium, Jun 26, 2010
  13. Re: *Legitimate* source for The Racket (1928)? re: add HollywoodSelect Video to the list of Crooks

    On Jun 22, 9:17 am, weary flake <> wrote:
    > DrParnassus <> wrote:
    > > On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
    > > <> wrote:

    > > >no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
    > > >The Racket (1928),

    > >   Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
    > > presumptuous dumbfuck!

    > Dr Parnassus is either "Nick Scanlon" (1951) "Nick is the violent
    > type, preferring to do things the old-fashioned way instead of
    > using the syndicate's more genteel methods" or "Nick Scarsi" (1928)
    > "a powerful bootlegger who is protected by corrupt politicians and
    > judges" though I haven't seen the earlier film, yet, just going by
    > description.
    >
    > Well, I also overlooked this:
    >
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0019304/alternateversions
    >
    > "In 2004, The University of Nevada, Las Vegas and Flicker Alley,
    > LLC copyrighted a new digital version with a new orchestral score
    > composed, arranged and conducted by 'Robert Israel (II)' . It was
    > produced by Jeffery Masino and runs 84 minutes."
    >
    > Well, Flicker Alley, where's your product?  Was I correct in my
    > guess that it was stolen and that's why there are bugs in the
    > films, because only crooks would burn logos into DVDs?  The HSV
    > product had a lousy piano, so at least that is different.

    > http://www.amazon.com/Academy-Collection-Envelope-Please-Vol/dp/B0034...

    Flicker Alley would love to release a DVD of THE RACKET, TWO ARABIAN
    KNIGHTS and other Howard Hughes films that they have restored.
    Unfortunately, the Hughes estate and the University of Nevada do not
    want the films out on DVD. Any DVD that you see of THE RACKET was
    either recorded off of TCM, or is an outright bootleg.
    --
    Bruce Calvert

    Bruce Calvert, Jul 5, 2010
  14. DrParnassus

    Eric Stott Guest

    On Jul 4, 10:38 pm, Bruce Calvert <> wrote:
    > On Jun 22, 9:17 am, weary flake <> wrote:
    >

    > > DrParnassus <> wrote:

    > > >   Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
    > > > presumptuous dumbfuck!

    > > Dr Parnassus is either "Nick Scanlon" (1951) "Nick is the violent
    > > type, preferring to do things the old-fashioned way instead of
    > > using the syndicate's more genteel methods" or "Nick Scarsi" (1928)
    > > "a powerful bootlegger who is protected by corrupt politicians and
    > > judges" though I haven't seen the earlier film, yet, just going by
    > > description.

    > > Well, I also overlooked this:

    > >http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0019304/alternateversions

    > > "In 2004, The University of Nevada, Las Vegas and Flicker Alley,
    > > LLC copyrighted a new digital version with a new orchestral score
    > > composed, arranged and conducted by 'Robert Israel (II)' . It was
    > > produced by Jeffery Masino and runs 84 minutes."

    > > Well, Flicker Alley, where's your product?  Was I correct in my
    > > guess that it was stolen and that's why there are bugs in the
    > > films, because only crooks would burn logos into DVDs?  The HSV
    > > product had a lousy piano, so at least that is different.
    > >http://www.amazon.com/Academy-Collection-Envelope-Please-Vol/dp/B0034...

    > Flicker Alley would love to release a DVD of THE RACKET, TWO ARABIAN
    > KNIGHTS and other Howard Hughes films that they have restored.
    > Unfortunately, the Hughes estate and the University of Nevada do not
    > want the films out on DVD.  Any DVD that you see of THE RACKET was
    > either recorded off of TCM, or is an outright bootleg.
    > --
    > Bruce Calvert

    THANK YOU Bruce for a voice of sanity and politeness. The tone of some
    of the other posters is quickly reminding me why left this group in
    the first place - along with nearly everyone else it would seem.

    Eric Stott, Jul 5, 2010
  15. On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:14:07 -0700, spiritus <>
    wrote:

    >Mr. Calvert.
    >I am simply curious as to why the Hughes estate would not want it's
    >films out on DVD? I'm sure it concerns money, but it always seems odd to
    >me when someone or other wants to deprive everyone of our film heritage.
    >Spiritus

    It would seem to me that they are suffering a huge loss of money by not
    releasing it.

    My Name Is Tsu How Do You Do, Jul 9, 2010
  16. On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:59:50 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >they aren't.

    Go away, little girl...

    My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do, Jul 10, 2010
  17. On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:05:18 -0700, "The Mighty Retarded Little Bitch"
    <> wrote:

    >Did li'l ol' Cox drop your usenet access? LOL!

    No, you retarded little stalk bitch. Try to keep up. Cox dropped ALL
    Usenet services to ALL of its customers.

    You are such a wussified little stalk bitch that you cannot even get a
    poke in the ribs right!

    Bwuahahahahahahahaha! LOL indeed!

    My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do, Jul 11, 2010
  18. Re: Archtard Cries Again

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:53:53 -0700, "The Mighty Retarded Little Bitch"
    <> wrote:

    >no matter how

    Take a hike,you retarded little punk bitch.

    My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do, Jul 11, 2010