Re: leafnode for windows?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Max Quordlepleen, Feb 20, 2005.

  1. On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:36:35 GMT, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> proffered, in :
    news:4216aa2b$:

    > is there anything like leafnode for windows?

    Although I would much rather be using Linux, I must continue with
    Windows (2K), since there is no voice recognition software (or Hindi
    tuition software) available for Linux, and without my Dragon
    NaturallySpeaking I am lost. Happily, there _is_ a leafnode equivalent
    for Windows. I actually think it is superior to Leafnode. It’s called
    Hamster, and is available at http://tglsoft.de There are even a couple
    of Hamster-specific Ngs, as well.

    Max Quordlepleen, Feb 20, 2005

  2. Max Quordlepleen wrote:
    >>is there anything like leafnode for windows?

    > Although I would much rather be using Linux, I must continue with
    > Windows (2K), since there is no voice recognition software (or Hindi
    > tuition software) available for Linux, and without my Dragon
    > NaturallySpeaking I am lost. Happily, there _is_ a leafnode equivalent
    > for Windows. I actually think it is superior to Leafnode. It’s called
    > Hamster, and is available at http://tglsoft.de There are even a couple
    > of Hamster-specific Ngs, as well.

    thanks, playing with it now...

    heh, just thought no-doubt someone is going to come up with a "Dave is
    playing with a hamster" joke... well, give up now.

    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 20, 2005

  3. Max Quordlepleen

    Bret Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:11:00 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Max Quordlepleen wrote:
    >>>is there anything like leafnode for windows?

    >> Although I would much rather be using Linux, I must continue with
    >> Windows (2K), since there is no voice recognition software (or Hindi
    >> tuition software) available for Linux, and without my Dragon
    >> NaturallySpeaking I am lost. Happily, there _is_ a leafnode equivalent
    >> for Windows. I actually think it is superior to Leafnode. It’s called
    >> Hamster, and is available at http://tglsoft.de There are even a couple
    >> of Hamster-specific Ngs, as well.

    >thanks, playing with it now...
    >
    >heh, just thought no-doubt someone is going to come up with a "Dave is
    >playing with a hamster" joke... well, give up now.

    You always come up with the best ones by yourself anyway Dave :)

    Bret, Feb 20, 2005
  4. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:43:01 +1300, Bret wrote:

    > On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:11:00 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    > <> wrote:

    >>> Although I would much rather be using Linux, I must continue with
    >>> Windows (2K), since there is no voice recognition software (or Hindi
    >>> tuition software) available for Linux, and without my Dragon
    >>> NaturallySpeaking I am lost. Happily, there _is_ a leafnode equivalent
    >>> for Windows. I actually think it is superior to Leafnode. It’s called
    >>> Hamster, and is available at http://tglsoft.de There are even a couple
    >>> of Hamster-specific Ngs, as well.

    >>thanks, playing with it now...
    >>
    >>heh, just thought no-doubt someone is going to come up with a "Dave is
    >>playing with a hamster" joke... well, give up now.
    >>

    > You always come up with the best ones by yourself anyway Dave :)

    at the very least its best that its a hamster.. and not a weasel?

    Shane (aka froggy), Feb 20, 2005