    upgrading the video card ? Games are not an issue ( only got Flight Sim
    2004 ) and the monitor is only for text, photos and CAD.

    Bernard
    Bernard Rother, May 26, 2005

  2. Bernard Rother

    Toomas Guest

    SCART? If really SCART then no. If in reality it is DVI then
    it could be worth change video card with DVI output. Less
    problems with adjusting Your monitor. Depends how well it
    works now with VGA.

    Toomas

    Toomas, May 26, 2005

  3. Toomas wrote:
    > SCART? If really SCART then no. If in reality it is DVI then
    > it could be worth change video card with DVI output. Less
    > problems with adjusting Your monitor. Depends how well it
    > works now with VGA.
    >
    > Toomas
    >

    > "Bernard Rother" <> wrote in message news:d73v08$j6i$...
    >
    >>I've just noticed that the new LCD monitor has a Scart connector as well
    >>as the usual VGA one. My video card, an nVidia FX 5200 only has a VGA
    >>and a composite ( circular ? ) connection. Would it be worthwhile
    >>upgrading the video card ? Games are not an issue ( only got Flight Sim
    >>2004 ) and the monitor is only for text, photos and CAD.
    >>
    >>Bernard

    Oops ... no, not scart. I was busy reading an article in PCFormat about
    wiring a VGA output to a scart connector for a TV set.

    The connection on the LCD is the white thingy DVI ?
    Bernard.
    Bernard Rother, May 26, 2005