Re: Lastest available IOS version for Cisco SUP2-MSFC2-PFC2

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Tom Hickory, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Tom Hickory

    Tom Hickory Guest

    Also, I was thinking of running Native mode on the box. Are there any
    remaining advantages to using Hybrid more?

    "Tom Hickory" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > What's the latest available IOS for the SUP2-MSFC2-PFC2? In the IOS

    upgrade

    Tom Hickory, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Tom Hickory

    Tom Hickory Guest

    Right, I'm managing to confuse myself good and proper at the moment.

    Am I right in thinking that the releases in my first post are for the Hybrid
    mode - ie. I'd also need a CatOS.

    Whereas the lastest Native OS releases are listed on this page:
    http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cat6000-ios-crypto ie. only 12.1
    ?

    So I could only run up to 12.2 in Hybrid mode, and up to 12.1 in Native
    mode?

    What's the general wisdom on which mode to use?

    Tom

    Tom Hickory, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Hello, Tom!
    You wrote on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:07:26 +0100:

    TH> Also, I was thinking of running Native mode on the box. Are there any
    TH> remaining advantages to using Hybrid more?

    Yes, if High-Availability is important - Hybrid is the only option.

    With best regards,
    Andrey.
    Andrey Tarasov, Jul 16, 2003
  4. Tom Hickory

    Tom Hickory Guest

    "Andrey Tarasov" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, Tom!
    > You wrote on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:07:26 +0100:
    >
    > TH> Also, I was thinking of running Native mode on the box. Are there any
    > TH> remaining advantages to using Hybrid more?
    >
    > Yes, if High-Availability is important - Hybrid is the only option.

    Is that HA for redundant supervisor cards? I assume that if we had two
    6500's with VRSP running between them this wouldn't be affected?

    What are the remaining issues with HA under IOS?

    Tom
    Tom Hickory, Jul 16, 2003