Re: Last Week at Yosemite

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Jul 13, 2011.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 23:34:12 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    wrote:
    : Last week I took a few days to drive across to the mountains to see
    : what was happening up in the Sierras & Yosemite, as this Winter we had
    : the deepest snow pack in 40 years up there. So with the snow melt the
    : valley and all of the waterfalls were spectacular.
    :
    : Also driving in the higher elevations over Tioga Pass, we still had a
    : fair amount of snow on the ground and frozen lakes, in 75º Temps.
    :
    : Some of the usual suspects:
    : < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC_9246cw.jpg >
    : < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC_9264w.jpg >
    : < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC_9343w.jpg >

    I wish I couldn't say this, but I've not been in Yosemite since the invention
    of the digital camera.

    Indeed, I've not been there since 1970, when my kids were considerably younger
    than their kids are now. :^|

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jul 13, 2011

  2. Robert Coe

    Ray Fischer Guest

    > Robert Coe <> said:

    >> I wish I couldn't say this, but I've not been in Yosemite since the invention
    >> of the digital camera.
    >>
    >> Indeed, I've not been there since 1970, when my kids were considerably younger
    >> than their kids are now. :^|

    >It is a trip I always find worthwhile.
    >< http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC_9233w.jpg >

    This is what it looked like when I was there a month earlier.
    http://rfischer.smugmug.com/Other/Yosemite/i-JRQbDG9/0/XL/2011-05-1811-27-44-XL.jpg

    Ray Fischer, Jul 16, 2011

  3. Robert Coe

    Ray Fischer Guest

    > (Ray Fischer) said:

    >>> It is a trip I always find worthwhile.
    >>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC_9233w.jpg >

    >> This is what it looked like when I was there a month earlier.
    >> http://rfischer.smugmug.com/Other/Yosemite/i-JRQbDG9/0/XL/2011-05-1811-27-44-XL.jpg

    >Nice,
    >>

    >the shot from Ahwahnee Meadow.

    Snow is bad for camping but great for photos.

    Ray Fischer, Jul 16, 2011