Re: Larry Thong's Video Adventures!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hanz, Dec 12, 2008.

  1. Hanz

    Hanz Guest

    Larry Thong wrote:
    > It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
    > something
    > with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
    > machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
    >
    > <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>

    I have this box with a slightly older motherboard under my desk. Mine is
    a bit noisy, beware.
    -- Hanz
    Hanz, Dec 12, 2008

  2. Hanz

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Dec 12, 5:31 pm, "Larry Thong" <> wrote:
    > The fans in the new case are controlled by the MB.  If that don't work I still have resistors.

    Haven't you learned yet? Resistance is futile.

    So what is the purpose of the resistors? To slow the fan down?
    That doesn't seem wise.
    Annika1980, Dec 12, 2008

  3. Hanz

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:31:49 -0500, Larry Thong wrote:

    > Its still sucks like a vacuum cleaner and is so much
    > quieter that you can hear a mouse fart. The fans in the new case are
    > controlled by the MB. If that don't work I still have resistors.

    But not as many fans as you'd like . . . :)
    ASAAR, Dec 12, 2008
  4. Hanz

    Noons Guest

    Larry Thong wrote,on my timestamp of 13/12/2008 9:31 AM:

    > quieter that you can hear a mouse fart. The fans in the new case are
    > controlled by the MB. If that don't work I still have resistors.

    what, no cross-posting?
    Noons, Dec 13, 2008
  5. Noons wrote:
    > Larry Thong wrote,on my timestamp of 13/12/2008 9:31 AM:
    >
    >> quieter that you can hear a mouse fart. The fans in the new case are
    >> controlled by the MB. If that don't work I still have resistors.

    > what, no cross-posting?

    Dense.
    John McWilliams, Dec 13, 2008
  6. Hanz

    Noons Guest

    Larry Thong wrote,on my timestamp of 14/12/2008 11:35 AM:
    > Noons wrote:
    >
    >>> quieter that you can hear a mouse fart. The fans in the new case are
    >>> controlled by the MB. If that don't work I still have resistors.

    >> what, no cross-posting?

    > Oops, thanks for reminding me.

    LOL!
    Noons, Dec 14, 2008
  7. Noons wrote:
    > Larry Thong wrote,on my timestamp of 14/12/2008 11:35 AM:

    >>> what, no cross-posting?

    >> Oops, thanks for reminding me.

    > LOL!

    Fixed for the amusement of cretins.