Re: Larry Thong's Video Adventures!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Atheist Chaplain, Dec 7, 2008.

  1. "Larry Thong" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
    > something
    > with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
    > machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
    >
    > <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>

    hmmmm yes, I have been doing some reading on the i7, though I might just
    wait a few more months before I start to seriously look at one, let them
    mature just a bit first.

    --
    God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?
    Atheist Chaplain, Dec 7, 2008

  2. Atheist Chaplain

    Noons Guest

    Atheist Chaplain wrote,on my timestamp of 7/12/2008 2:39 PM:
    > "Larry Thong" <> wrote in message
    >> It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
    >> something
    >> with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
    >> machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
    >>
    >> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>
    >>

    > hmmmm yes, I have been doing some reading on the i7, though I might just
    > wait a few more months before I start to seriously look at one, let them
    > mature just a bit first.

    Alternatively, let some more software be available
    that can effectively use more than one core...
    Noons, Dec 7, 2008

  3. Atheist Chaplain

    Pete D Guest

    "Atheist Chaplain" <> wrote in message
    > "Larry Thong" <> wrote in message
    >> It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
    >> something
    >> with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
    >> machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
    >>
    >> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>
    >>

    > hmmmm yes, I have been doing some reading on the i7, though I might just
    > wait a few more months before I start to seriously look at one, let them
    > mature just a bit first.
    >
    > --
    > God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?

    The Mb's are asking a very large premium at the moment.
    Pete D, Dec 7, 2008
  4. "Noons" <> wrote in message
    > Atheist Chaplain wrote,on my timestamp of 7/12/2008 2:39 PM:
    >> "Larry Thong" <> wrote in message
    >>> It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
    >>> something
    >>> with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
    >>> machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>
    >>>

    >> hmmmm yes, I have been doing some reading on the i7, though I might just
    >> wait a few more months before I start to seriously look at one, let them
    >> mature just a bit first.
    >>

    > Alternatively, let some more software be available
    > that can effectively use more than one core...

    that's a given :)

    --
    God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?
    Atheist Chaplain, Dec 7, 2008
  5. "Pete D" <> wrote in message

    > "Atheist Chaplain" <> wrote in message
    >> "Larry Thong" <> wrote in message
    >>> It seems inevitable, having to upgrade the old dual Xeon system to
    >>> something
    >>> with a little more horsepower under the hood. Though only a single proc
    >>> machine it should do some serious ass kicking!
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/ci7.cfm>
    >>>

    >> hmmmm yes, I have been doing some reading on the i7, though I might just
    >> wait a few more months before I start to seriously look at one, let them
    >> mature just a bit first.
    >>
    >> --
    >> God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?
    >>

    > The Mb's are asking a very large premium at the moment.

    and that's all part of the maturity process, as other MB manufacturers get
    in on the act, prices fall and at the same time, features rise :)

    --
    God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?
    Atheist Chaplain, Dec 7, 2008