Re: Large WinZip file sent

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Unk, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. Unk

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 16:14:22 +0000 (UTC), "Sonia"
    <> wrote:

    >I sent my sister a lg winzip file. When she tries to open it it laggs who
    >comp as she is only connected to a 56K and she has a fairly old comp.
    >So each time she opens OE it says receiving mail and just sits there. How
    >can she stop the d/l.
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Sonia

    Click Tools, Options, Read, and Uncheck "Automatically download
    messages in preview pane".

    and/or

    Click View, Layout, and uncheck "Preview Pane"

    Add "Preview Pane" to your toolbar, (right-click the toolbar,
    "customise"). Now you can toggle it on and off as needed.

    After installing IE6 SP1 (which installs OE6 SP1),
    Click Tools, Options, Read, "View messages in plain text
    only", "Apply"
    That will disable the embedded Javascript, and ActiveX and
    save you the grief of activating any malicious script & pop-ups.

    Unk
    Unk, Jul 4, 2003

  2. Unk

    Sonia Guest

    Thanks Guys

    Sonia XX
    Sonia, Jul 4, 2003

  3. Unk

    Unk Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:53:59 +0000 (UTC), "Sonia"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks Guys
    >
    >Sonia XX

    You're welcome.
    In the future, could you please include some of the message you are
    responding to, in your reply? That way, all can benefit from the solution.
    (Tools, Options, "Send" tab, check the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    Unk
    Unk, Jul 4, 2003
  4. Unk

    Sonia Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:53:59 +0000 (UTC), "Sonia"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks Guys
    > >
    > >Sonia XX
    > >

    > You're welcome.
    > In the future, could you please include some of the message you are
    > responding to, in your reply? That way, all can benefit from the

    solution.
    > (Tools, Options, "Send" tab, check the "Include message in Reply" box.)
    >
    > Unk

    I presumed that it would be in the title in the subject what I am responding
    to. "Large WinZip File Sent" But sorry guys.
    Sonia, Jul 5, 2003
  5. Unk

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:06:59 +0000 (UTC), in
    <be7p73$rti$>
    Sonia scrawled:

    >"yugsdrawkcab" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Don't worry about the netcop wannabe lamers here Sonia.

    >Thanks its so scary if i spell something wrong i get condemned
    >to bad English I am Spanish though so sorry as I am also new to
    >this but thank you.

    Sonia, if English is not your first language, then it's
    always best to state this at the start of your post. That
    way, people will understand and be much more forgiving of
    bad spelling, grammar etc.

    Unk's comment to you was meant to help you, and you should
    take it as a helpful comment, not a condemnation.

    yugsdrawkcab's (the fool who you just replied to) comment,
    on the other hand, was just a cheap swipe at others in the
    group. He is an idiot, and you should be aware of this.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  6. Unk

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:16:01 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    > On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:06:59 +0000 (UTC), in
    > <be7p73$rti$>
    > Sonia scrawled:
    >

    >>"yugsdrawkcab" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Don't worry about the netcop wannabe lamers here Sonia.

    >>Thanks its so scary if i spell something wrong i get condemned
    >>to bad English I am Spanish though so sorry as I am also new to
    >>this but thank you.

    > Sonia, if English is not your first language, then it's
    > always best to state this at the start of your post. That
    > way, people will understand and be much more forgiving of
    > bad spelling, grammar etc.
    >
    > Unk's comment to you was meant to help you, and you should
    > take it as a helpful comment, not a condemnation.
    >
    > yugsdrawkcab's (the fool who you just replied to) comment,
    > on the other hand, was just a cheap swipe at others in the
    > group. He is an idiot, and you should be aware of this.

    Maybe if "yugsdrawkcab" would state that he's an idiot at the start of his
    posts then "people will understand and be much more forgiving of bad
    spelling, grammar etc."

    --
    "Just a thought"
    Jimchip, Jul 6, 2003
  7. Unk

    trout Guest

    Jimchip wrote:
    > Maybe if "yugsdrawkcab" would state that he's an idiot at the start
    > of his posts then "people will understand and be much more forgiving
    > of bad spelling, grammar etc."

    He's done the next-best thing; following you and Mara around today,
    and forging reply text.
    --
    "Anal weapons of misconstruction."
    trout, Jul 6, 2003
  8. Unk

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 18:04:34 -0700, trout wrote:

    >Jimchip wrote:
    >> Maybe if "yugsdrawkcab" would state that he's an idiot at the start
    >> of his posts then "people will understand and be much more forgiving
    >> of bad spelling, grammar etc."

    > He's done the next-best thing; following you and Mara around today,
    >and forging reply text.

    Rather ineffective. I mean, I know he's been dying to get my attention for a
    long time now, but he bores the hell out of me and the chances of him escaping
    my bin are zero, in perpetuity. I've got better things to do. Like watching
    grass grow, or paint dry, etc., etc.

    >--
    >"Anal weapons of misconstruction."

    HAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAetc.

    --
    "I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
    -- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000
    Mara, Jul 6, 2003
  9. Unk

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:12:53 -0000, Jimchip wrote:

    >On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 18:04:34 -0700, trout wrote:
    >> Jimchip wrote:
    >>> Maybe if "yugsdrawkcab" would state that he's an idiot at the start
    >>> of his posts then "people will understand and be much more forgiving
    >>> of bad spelling, grammar etc."

    >> He's done the next-best thing; following you and Mara around today,
    >> and forging reply text.

    >I saw one of those- "yugsdrawkcab" acting like a ratdog that hadn't been
    >house-trained...

    He needs to put this sign on his back.

    http://mistupid.com/pictures/page074.htm

    >--
    >...leaving little 'surprises' around.

    Oh, they're not really surprises. He is a troll, after all. You can't expect
    much more than this kind of behavior out of a troll.

    "They're just not bright enough for anything else, really."

    Mara, Jul 6, 2003