Re: Laptop with 16:9 display?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by paul s, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. paul s

    paul s Guest

    Administrator wrote:

    > No, because then you have only the middle of the screen in use. A real
    > waste.

    Yeh just like those widescreen TVs. When there aint no widescreen programs,
    you either have black borders down the sides, or you squash the picture
    (short fat people), or you chop the top and bottom of the picture off.

    > <> schreef in bericht
    >> I see some laptops are coming with 16:9 screens.
    >>
    >> Is this a desirable screen aspect ratio?
    >>
    >> Should I get a laptop with such a display?

    OK for watching widescreen DVDs, probably not much use for anything else.
    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jun 28, 2003