Re: Laptop with 16:9 display?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mitch, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > I see some laptops are coming with 16:9 screens.
    >
    > Is this a desirable screen aspect ratio?
    >
    > Should I get a laptop with such a display?

    That is being done because many laptop users like to play DVD on them.
    It isn't because of some computer-related benefit.

    It does help for applications that use a lot of palettes, like
    Photoshop and some 3D stuff.
    For applications like word processors and spreadsheets, the display is
    cleaner (better resolution horizontally) but not as high (lower
    resolution vertically).

    In short, unless you would really play DVD a lot, it probably isn't
    something to insist on.
    Mitch, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Mitch

    Guest

    >In short, unless you would really play DVD a lot, it probably isn't
    >something to insist on.

    OK

    Thanks for the perspective Mitch!!
    , Jun 27, 2003