Re: Laptop using HDTV in bed?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Old Gringo38, Dec 4, 2010.

  1. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 13:22:43 -0600, Jane_Galt wrote:

    > Ok, my laptop is already hooked up wirelessly to the DSL modem.
    >
    > So if I want to use the LT in bed, and use the HDTV as the monitor, what do
    > they call the wireless thing that can do that? Send all the monitor data to
    > the TV?

    You don't have time to be watching TV in bed.
    --
    12/4/2010 2:20:28 PM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo38, Dec 4, 2010

  2. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 17:59:48 -0600, Jane_Galt wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 <> wrote :
    >
    >> On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 13:22:43 -0600, Jane_Galt wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ok, my laptop is already hooked up wirelessly to the DSL modem.
    >>>
    >>> So if I want to use the LT in bed, and use the HDTV as the monitor,
    >>> what do they call the wireless thing that can do that? Send all the
    >>> monitor data to the TV?

    >> You don't have time to be watching TV in bed.

    > I dont? LOL
    >
    > Glenn Beck, Freedom Watch, Stossel, Fox News...

    Please, you don't really watch Glen Beck? Or is it just for a laugh.
    --
    12/4/2010 6:37:11 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Dec 5, 2010

  3. Old Gringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    Now why the **** am I not in the least surprised?

    Aardvark, Dec 5, 2010
  4. Old Gringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 18:48:29 -0600, Jane_Galt wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 <> wrote :

    >>> I dont? LOL
    >>>
    >>> Glenn Beck, Freedom Watch, Stossel, Fox News...

    >> Please, you don't really watch Glen Beck? Or is it just for a laugh.

    > I've watched almost every one of his programs since he first started on
    > CNN years ago. I consider him a national hero and patriot.

    You owe me a fucking new monitor.

    > He's been right about 85% of the time, you know.

    More coffee came out of my nose. Now you owe me a new keyboard, or at
    least you should accept the cleaning bill.

    > If you're not watching, you have no idea what's going on and why.

    No, that's if you *are* watching, you misanthropic harridan.

    Aardvark, Dec 5, 2010
  5. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 03:04:53 GMT, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 17:59:48 -0600, Jane_Galt wrote:
    >
    >> Old Gringo38 <> wrote :

    >>> You don't have time to be watching TV in bed.

    >> I dont? LOL
    >>
    >> Glenn Beck, Freedom Watch, Stossel, Fox News...

    > Now why the **** am I not in the least surprised?

    I wonder if she has ever been on the Jerry Springer show.
    --
    12/4/2010 9:23:14 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Dec 5, 2010
  6. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2010 21:40:44 -0600, Jane_Galt wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 <> wrote :

    >>> Now why the **** am I not in the least surprised?

    >> I wonder if she has ever been on the Jerry Springer show.

    > Who?

    LOL
    --
    12/5/2010 6:40:48 AM CST

    Old Gringo38, Dec 5, 2010
  7. Old Gringo38

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 05/12/2010 01:00, Jane_Galt wrote:
    > Hmm, this LT says:
    >
    > 10.1-Inch Matte 1024X600 WSVGA LCD Display; 802.11 b/g; Bluetooth Enabled
    >
    > DOes that mean the display can bluetooth its video to the TV?

    ROFL!

    <Large gasp of breath>

    ROFL!

    Desk Rabbit, Dec 6, 2010
  8. Old Gringo38

    Jordon Guest

    Jane_Galt wrote:
    > Old Gringo38<> wrote :

    >>> I dont? LOL
    >>>
    >>> Glenn Beck, Freedom Watch, Stossel, Fox News...

    >> Please, you don't really watch Glen Beck? Or is it just for a laugh.

    > I've watched almost every one of his programs since he first started on CNN
    > years ago. I consider him a national hero and patriot.
    >
    > He's been right about 85% of the time, you know.

    You mean like these?

    "This town (Wilmington, Ohio) hasn’t taken any money from the
    government. They don’t want any money from the government."

    "The government is trying to now close the Lincoln Memorial for
    any kind of large gatherings."

    "Labor union president Andy Stern is "the most frequent visitor"
    at the White House."

    "Less than 10 percent of Obama's Cabinet appointees "have any
    experience in the private sector."

    "In the health care bill, we're now offering insurance for
    dogs."

    "Mitt Romney ... gave you government health care that is now
    bankrupting the state" of Massachusetts."

    "Forty-five percent of doctors "say they'll quit" if health care
    reform passes."

    "John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science
    and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and
    putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."

    "Why do we have automatic citizenship upon birth? We're the
    only country in the world that has it."

    Jordon, Dec 6, 2010
  9. Old Gringo38

    Guest

    Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:

    >"In the health care bill, we're now offering insurance for
    >dogs."

    Glenn Beck is an idiot

    Only surpassed by Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh

    I once listened to Limbaugh argue how silly it was to
    convert to high efficiency lighting. As an engineer I
    can TELL you that such lighting has the potential to
    reap the biggest cost savings of any tech out there!!

    Limbaugh (and Beck)..... are functional illiterates
    with no engineering or scientific training at all......
    sheesh

    , Dec 6, 2010
  10. Old Gringo38

    Guest

    wrote:

    >Only surpassed by Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh

    "It insults my intelligence that so many people can be
    made to believe that lightbulbs could destroy or
    irreparably harm something as complex and out of our
    control as the climate!" he shouted. "I don't care if
    there are billions of lightbulbs on at the same time. I
    don't care. It's not a factor." -Rush Limbaugh

    , Dec 6, 2010
  11. Old Gringo38

    Jordon Guest

    wrote:
    > Jordon<jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:
    >
    >> "In the health care bill, we're now offering insurance for
    >> dogs."

    > Glenn Beck is an idiot

    I got a kick out of Alan Grayson's speach to congress
    on Thursday. No wonder the Fox pundits are pushing so
    hard for the millionaire bailout...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-laQ0uvnl5M

    Jordon, Dec 6, 2010
  12. Old Gringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 20:27:05 -0600, Jane_Galt wrote:

    > The idiot thing is a self-evident truism.

    There, fixed it for you.

    Aardvark, Dec 7, 2010
  13. Old Gringo38

    Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    >Yes, and?
    >
    >being "man made global warming" is a scam anyway.

    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    You really are clue-less ma'am

    Go to the University Missouri School Science and
    Technology.... talk to ANY of the professors.... and
    they will be stunned at your ignorance of science.

    Man is in fact acting as a "catalyst" to this process
    and the RATE of global warming INCREASE coincides
    perfectly with CO2 rise

    But...... I'm wasting my time trying to convince
    someone like you.... who will only believe it when it
    affects you personally such as these people

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101206/ap_on_sc/climate_disappearing_nations

    , Dec 7, 2010
  14. Old Gringo38

    Guest

    §nühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >> being "man made global warming" is a scam anyway.
    >>

    >Your epic failure to understand the science is noted, k00k.
    >
    >No suprises there.

    There is no use arguing with a person with "blinders"
    on

    , Dec 7, 2010
  15. Old Gringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:16:24 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > Your epic failure to understand the science is noted, k00k.

    You're talking to a fan of Rand, Limbaugh, Beck et al. here mate. You
    don't expect it to have even the vaguest grasp of anything scientific, do
    you?

    Aardvark, Dec 7, 2010
  16. Old Gringo38

    Old Codger Guest

    On 07/12/2010 17:05, wrote:
    > "Jane_Galt"<> wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, and?
    >>
    >> being "man made global warming" is a scam anyway.

    > HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    >
    > You really are clue-less ma'am
    >
    > Go to the University Missouri School Science and
    > Technology.... talk to ANY of the professors.... and
    > they will be stunned at your ignorance of science.
    >
    > Man is in fact acting as a "catalyst" to this process
    > and the RATE of global warming INCREASE coincides
    > perfectly with CO2 rise
    >
    > But...... I'm wasting my time trying to convince
    > someone like you.... who will only believe it when it
    > affects you personally such as these people
    >
    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101206/ap_on_sc/climate_disappearing_nations

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/36exleh

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11855579

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11898645

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/394vkbt

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/2dlmew3

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/2flhe3b

    On the other side of the world:

    http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/month/sa/adelaide.shtml

    --
    Old Codger
    e-mail use reply to field

    Old Codger, Dec 7, 2010
  17. Old Gringo38

    Guest

    §nühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >One of the things ive found interesting is that when you talk to one of
    >the flat-earthers and ask them to explain climate change theory, they
    >cant. Mainly because they dont understand what it is they're supposedly
    >against.
    >Seriously, next time you encounter one in meat-space, ask them to
    >describe the mechanics to you.

    Most of these people don't have much beyond a high
    school or elementary education..... no PHYSICS
    background at all..... no thermodynamics classes......
    no understanding of various heat "processes"
    etc....isobaric, isochoric, nothing

    These people remind me of Ronald Reagan who 60 years
    ago told everyone smoking was good for them!

    Ignorance is their BLISS!!

    , Dec 8, 2010
  18. Old Gringo38

    Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:16:24 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> Your epic failure to understand the science is noted, k00k.

    >You're talking to a fan of Rand, Limbaugh, Beck et al. here mate. You
    >don't expect it to have even the vaguest grasp of anything scientific, do
    >you?

    Limbaugh has said some the MOST ignorant lies
    concerning since and physics of any person ever alive
    on this planet!

    It really is amazing how these people get DUPED by such
    people

    , Dec 8, 2010
  19. Old Gringo38

    Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    >The fact that people like you "believe in" it like a religion without science
    >is noted, commie.

    My God you really are stupid!

    , Dec 8, 2010
  20. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 21:46:08 -0600, wrote:

    > "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:
    >
    >>The fact that people like you "believe in" it like a religion without science
    >>is noted, commie.

    > My God you really are stupid!

    I'm not sure if the time has anything to do with it or not, but I am
    ROTFLMAO What was the color of the rock your Mother found you
    under?
    --
    12/7/2010 9:54:07 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Dec 8, 2010