Re: Laptop Repair via UPS?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Apr 23, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Meat Plow <> wrote in

    > I was surprised to find out that MANY laptop repairs are done by UPS
    > employed technicians right at the main UPS facility in Louisville
    > Kentucky. When you think about it what better place exists? Laptops
    > arrive right at the facility via UPS. Get right to the techs, techs
    > have access to parts right there at UPS, then ship right out via UPS
    > when they are done.
    >
    > I forget the exact figures but their are around 60 techs at UPS and
    > they turn out a remarkable amount of repair.

    Three people required: One to find restore disks for that model, one to remove
    any non-factory hardware and run the disk, one to throw out computers that don't
    boot and have nothing wrong in device manager after #2 and package and send the
    new laptop to customer. Not exactly rocket science.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Apr 23, 2010