Re: Laptop question

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by John Loop, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. John Loop

    John Loop Guest

    I think the IBM Thinkpads have a terrific reputation as a serious laptop.
    Get an "old" Thinkpad 600E for example.
    XP Pro runs quite well on mine, 233 MHz, 6GB disk, especially after a couple
    performance tweaks [turning off XP fancy schmancy stuff]. Just can't load
    too many bloated apps! Linux Redhat also ran well when I had it on. Really
    wanted both, but just too small a disk.
    John

    --
    www.pccitizen.com Safe Computing, Home wired and wireless networking tips.

    John Loop, Dec 17, 2003

  2. John Loop

    Techie Guest

    I am in the process of replacing all of the Toshiba laptops at my office
    because the newer models are too flimsy for our sales force. If your friend
    will not be moving around alot the Toshibas are good but I will never buy
    them again. I have a Viao at home and I will never repeat the purchase, the
    support is terrible.

    Have you considered Dell? I have deployed 12 Inspiron 5100s so far with
    another 30 on order and they are stable and sturdy

    Techie, Dec 17, 2003

  3. John Loop

    AG Guest

    I'd have to second the vote for IBM. I already have one and some parts and
    just bought two more today on Ebay. All the same model, old 560Es. I've
    torn one up but they have been otherwise quite stable.
    AG

    "SBFan2000" <> wrote in message
    > I told him dell was another good option. The only problem I have with

    them

    AG, Dec 18, 2003