Re: Laptop Experiences with XP64?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Matt Beals, Jun 20, 2005.

  1. Matt Beals

    Matt Beals Guest

    I just bought the zv6007 on Friday an can't get the ATI drivers to work on
    XP Pro 64bit. Has anyone found drivers for all of the hardware yet, or some?
    Especially the trackpad? This bloody trackpad is killing me with auto
    clicking.

    matt

    Matt Beals, Jun 20, 2005

  2. "Matt Beals" <> wrote in message
    >I just bought the zv6007 on Friday an can't get the ATI drivers to work on
    >XP Pro 64bit. Has anyone found drivers for all of the hardware yet, or
    >some? Especially the trackpad? This bloody trackpad is killing me with auto
    >clicking.
    >
    > matt

    The driver issue is so similar to Windows 2000 when it was released. That
    is why I ditched it as fast as possible.
    I think someone at Microsoft is due for a firing.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 21, 2005

  3. I did not think I was alone. But I did think by now there were would be
    drivers for ATI.

    For this reason, I am dual booting to my 32bit to get jobs done until there
    are more drivers.

    --

    Steve Herrick [387095]

    Steve [387095], Jun 21, 2005
  4. Matt Beals

    Matt Beals Guest

    I got the ATI drivers to install. As well as the sound card drivers. Expcet
    that the sound card doesn't produce any sounds... No MMC drivers that work,
    no modem drivers that work. Oh joy!

    Matt

    Matt Beals, Jun 30, 2005
  5. Matt Beals

    Spinnacre Guest

    I have the same (HP zv6007) laptop and have been completely unable to
    get the ATI drivers to install. PLEASE help me by telling me how you
    got them to install. Thanks in advance!

    --
    Spinnacre

    Spinnacre, Apr 12, 2006
  6. Matt Beals

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Spinnacre:

    Download the ATI drivers, unzip the download to an ATI file on
    the x64 drive. Go to "device manager", display adapters, ATI, update driver.
    In the dialog box choose which driver to install, choose the unzipped folder
    on the x64 drive then install and reboot.

    Dennis Pack, Apr 13, 2006