Re: landline on a mobile

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Desk Rabbit, Oct 1, 2010.

  1. Desk Rabbit

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 29/09/2010 21:10, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    > In message<>, "Information" pondered
    > the following:
    >> Ok asked this on a VOIP forum , but answers were either vague , very
    >> expensive and not very newbie friendly
    >>
    >> Now gradwells got this available but you need to have their simcard at a
    >> £10 a month and its £7.50 for call bundle which expires no rollover and
    >> needs
    >> separate phone and number
    >>
    >> got me thinking , id like my landline to ring and mobile to ring
    >> simitanously , reckon this should be possible with SIP or something
    >> with a voip phone number, i got a 0506 voipfone number to experiment
    >> with
    >>
    >> anybody talk me through this , cant quite get my head around what to
    >> do to set this up , i got a nokia N97
    >>

    > Isnt that what they call "call forwarding"? Mebbe you could get yer celly
    > provider to forward yer calls to your land line.
    > Or git ye a Tracfone since they is teh cheepest way to go.
    >
    > <nods>

    Nope, that's call forwarding where the call to the landline gets sent to
    the mobile, both do not ring simultaneously. At least not on any service
    I've ever used - stands back and waits to be proven wrong.

    Desk Rabbit, Oct 1, 2010

  2. Desk Rabbit

    Worf Guest

    In article <i8479d$h7b$>,
    Desk Rabbit <> wrote:

    > On 29/09/2010 21:10, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    > > In message<>, "Information" pondered
    > > the following:
    > >> Ok asked this on a VOIP forum , but answers were either vague , very
    > >> expensive and not very newbie friendly
    > >>
    > >> Now gradwells got this available but you need to have their simcard at a
    > >> £10 a month and its £7.50 for call bundle which expires no rollover and
    > >> needs
    > >> separate phone and number
    > >>
    > >> got me thinking , id like my landline to ring and mobile to ring
    > >> simitanously , reckon this should be possible with SIP or something
    > >> with a voip phone number, i got a 0506 voipfone number to experiment
    > >> with
    > >>
    > >> anybody talk me through this , cant quite get my head around what to
    > >> do to set this up , i got a nokia N97
    > >>

    > > Isnt that what they call "call forwarding"? Mebbe you could get yer celly
    > > provider to forward yer calls to your land line.
    > > Or git ye a Tracfone since they is teh cheepest way to go.
    > >
    > > <nods>

    > Nope, that's call forwarding where the call to the landline gets sent to
    > the mobile, both do not ring simultaneously. At least not on any service
    > I've ever used - stands back and waits to be proven wrong.

    If you use Goggle Voice you can tell that number to send the call to any
    phone or group of phones that you choose. So if someone calls it will
    ring o your cell or on your landline or both if you choose to do so.

    Worf, Oct 1, 2010

  3. Desk Rabbit wrote:
    > On 29/09/2010 21:10, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >> In message<>, "Information"
    >> pondered
    >> the following:
    >>> Ok asked this on a VOIP forum , but answers were either vague , very
    >>> expensive and not very newbie friendly
    >>>
    >>> Now gradwells got this available but you need to have their simcard
    >>> at a
    >>> £10 a month and its £7.50 for call bundle which expires no rollover and
    >>> needs
    >>> separate phone and number
    >>>
    >>> got me thinking , id like my landline to ring and mobile to ring
    >>> simitanously , reckon this should be possible with SIP or something
    >>> with a voip phone number, i got a 0506 voipfone number to experiment
    >>> with
    >>>
    >>> anybody talk me through this , cant quite get my head around what to
    >>> do to set this up , i got a nokia N97
    >>>

    >> Isnt that what they call "call forwarding"? Mebbe you could get yer celly
    >> provider to forward yer calls to your land line.
    >> Or git ye a Tracfone since they is teh cheepest way to go.
    >>
    >> <nods>

    > Nope, that's call forwarding where the call to the landline gets sent to
    > the mobile, both do not ring simultaneously. At least not on any service
    > I've ever used - stands back and waits to be proven wrong.

    you really should do something about that giiiiiiinormous chip on your
    shoulder.

    Word.

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 1, 2010
  4. Desk Rabbit

    mitchell1314

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    What you have asked is one of the feature in IPPBX called "Call Queues".
    Where a call coming into a Phone number can be made to ring simultenously
    in many phones. You can check with this company called virtualglobalphone, they have some and many more features like the above including call recording.

    mitchell1314, Nov 8, 2010
  5. Desk Rabbit

    mitchell1314

    Joined: