Re: ........... landline on a mobile

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Steve Terry, Sep 20, 2010.

  1. Steve Terry

    Steve Terry Guest

    "Information" <> wrote in message
    > whats this ... is it any good ?
    > any cheaper alternatives
    > http://www.gradwell.com/mobile

    You can set up free UK and international landline numbers
    to Skype with www.ring2skype.com

    and then use a Skype phone to receive them, Three offers
    free Skype.

    I have two London, a 0161 Manchester and a 646 Manhatten New York
    number pointing to my Three Skype S2 phone.

    (I don't think ring2skype offer 0161 anymore)

    Steve Terry
    --
    "I would like to plead for my right to investigate natural phenomena
    without having guns pointed at me.

    Steve Terry, Sep 20, 2010

  2. Steve Terry

    >> You can set up free UK and international landline numbers
    >> to Skype with www.ring2skype.com

    > Nice idea until ............
    >
    > "1. On Friday Skype decided to block our user ring2skype.net leaving us
    > unable to connect your calls. We tried to solve the issue right away,
    > and by Friday evening another user was set up.
    > "

    If ring2skype is down, callers can still call your Skype phone direct,
    it will cost them normal mobile rates to make the call.

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, Sep 21, 2010

  3. Steve Terry

    Steve Terry Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message

    >>> Nice idea until ............
    >>>
    >>> "1. On Friday Skype decided to block our user ring2skype.net leaving us
    >>> unable to connect your calls. We tried to solve the issue right away,
    >>> and by Friday evening another user was set up.
    >>> "

    >> If ring2skype is down, callers can still call your Skype phone direct,
    >> it will cost them normal mobile rates to make the call.

    > I better not mention here the Skype ID I use for my gateway then: ;-)
    >
    > Pitty I could never get Ring2Skype to ring a Skypephone S2, I never
    > worked out why, but I suspect it wasn't presenting the call long enough
    > for the S2 to respond. I think it left a missed call message though.
    > Graham.

    Which software version of Skype do you have on your S2?

    I have no trouble at all with both of my S2's, my Nokia 6120c on the
    other hand insists on disconnecting from Three Skype at least once a day

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, Sep 30, 2010
  4. Steve Terry

    Steve Terry Guest

    "jonphred" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 20:28:57 +0100, Steve Terry <>
    > wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    >> If ring2skype is down, callers can still call your Skype phone direct,
    >> it will cost them normal mobile rates to make the call.
    >>

    > <snip>
    >
    > Sounds like another reason to port in a number originally from another
    > network so as to benefit BT landline users wishing to call you.
    > JonPhred

    I tend to port in Tesco Mobile numbers, same landline call rate as O2.
    Tesco Mobile free sims easy to get and get Tesco CS to port

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, Sep 30, 2010