Re: Land line call recorder needed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by G. Morgan, Jan 3, 2011.

  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    >Is there ANYTHING better than this that any of you know of? Something we can
    >hook to the phone line, it will record ALL calls with date and time, IN MP3,
    >and they can be transferred easily to the PC via USB cable? RELIABLE?

    Yes. What State are you in? You better check the recording laws
    there. http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

    Are you using a PBX system? What brand/model?

    Or do you just have a simple traditional setup?

    G. Morgan, Jan 3, 2011

  2. G. Morgan

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 20:41:13 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 19:53:17 -0600, "Jane_Galt"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hope to heck I can record the phone line in my own home.

    > You better read up on the laws.
    >
    > Here in the USA, I can't - not without meeting specific criteria.
    >
    >>Home business.

    > Doesn't matter.

    FYI, mister matlock, you can. Problem is, most states won't allow that
    recording as evidence because the other party was not advised of a
    recording taking place.

    richard, Jan 4, 2011

  3. G. Morgan

    M.L. Guest

    >I happen to know that Colorado is a single party consent state, so I'm ok
    >here anyway. Any threats or obnoxious behavior we've gotten have always
    >been local anyway.

    http://www.rcfp.org/taping/states/colorado.html

    <quote-Colorado>
    Recording or intercepting a telephone conversation, or any electronic
    communication, without the consent of at least one party to the
    conversation is a felony punishable by a fine of between $1,000 and
    $100,000 and one year to 18 months in jail. Colo. Rev. Stat. §
    18-9-303. Recording a communication from a cordless telephone,
    however, is a misdemeanor. Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-1.3-401. Using or
    disclosing information obtained through illegal wiretapping is a
    felony, if there is reason to know the information was obtained
    illegally. Colo. Rev. Stat § 18-9-304.

    However, nothing in these statutes “shall be interpreted to prevent a
    news agency, or an employee thereof, from using the accepted tools and
    equipment of that news medium in the course of reporting or
    investigating a public and newsworthy event.” Colo. Rev. Stat. §
    18-9-305.

    Additionally, a person may use wiretapping or eavesdropping devices on
    his own premises for security or business purposes, if reasonable
    notice of the use of such devices is given to the public. Colo. Rev.
    Stat. § 18-9-305.
    </quote-Colorado>

    M.L., Jan 4, 2011
  4. G. Morgan

    NotMe Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 19:53:17 -0600, "Jane_Galt"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hope to heck I can record the phone line in my own home.

    > You better read up on the laws.
    >
    > Here in the USA, I can't - not without meeting specific criteria.
    >
    >>Home business.

    > Doesn't matter.

    Depends on the state. Some (such as Texas) have a single party rule.

    http://www.callcorder.com/phone-recording-law-america.htm

    NotMe, Jan 4, 2011
  5. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    >Yes, so if I record all calls coming into my own home business, that's one
    >party consenting and I dont need to notify anyone else.

    Okay, what about my technical questions?

    G. Morgan, Jan 4, 2011
  6. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    >> Okay, what about my technical questions?
    >>

    >?

    Are you using a PBX system? What brand/model?

    Or do you just have a simple traditional setup?

    -------

    Just tell me about the system and how complex it is, preferably
    manufacturer/model of any PBX or software virtual PBX.

    G. Morgan, Jan 4, 2011
  7. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Jan 5, 2011
  8. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Jan 5, 2011
  9. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    >Didn't say software. Thanks for playing though.

    Playing? I do this shit for a living (not residential), and I was
    trying to be helpful.

    You wrote:
    "Is there ANYTHING better than this that any of you know of?"

    And I wrote back with an answer.

    " Something we can hook to the phone line, it will record ALL
    calls with date and time, IN MP3, and they can be transferred
    easily to the PC via USB cable? RELIABLE?"

    I took those wishes into consideration.

    >These look workable though:
    >DDR-5300 Diasonic CD Quality Voice / Tel Recorder / SD Card Slot

    You idiot. That has no telco input. You still need something
    like this to go with it:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2123175

    G. Morgan, Jan 5, 2011
  10. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 01:09:30 -0600, G. Morgan <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>"Jane_Galt" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Didn't say software. Thanks for playing though.

    >>Playing? I do this shit for a living (not residential), and I was
    >>trying to be helpful.

    >Shit, she's a perfect match for bullis.

    No doubt. I spent time looking that shit up for a 'better"
    solution, and that's the thanks?

    Geeze.. I wonder what she writes when angry?

    G. Morgan, Jan 5, 2011
  11. Lookout <> dumbassed this one:

    > Laws differ state to state.

    States differ from state to state, you pathetic dumbass!

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; in loving touch with my
    "inner narcissist" and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
    an-nnnn-duh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.

    Bucky Breeder, Jan 5, 2011
  12. G. Morgan

    Larry Guest

    "She/It" is a "Coloradan". That explains part of it.

    Larry, Jan 5, 2011
  13. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote:

    >"She/It" is a "Coloradan". That explains part of it.

    As much legal "medicinal" weed she's tokin', you would *think* it
    would be the other way around!

    --
    G. "Like, uh, thanks dude" Morgan

    G. Morgan, Jan 5, 2011
  14. G. Morgan

    NotMe Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote in message
    > G. Morgan <> wrote :
    >
    >> G. Morgan <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Plug the 1/8" jack into the 'mic' of the PC , then use VOX enabled
    >>>software that is always running like:
    >>>http://xoomer.virgilio.it/aporcino/VoxRecorder/index.htm

    >> Here is a big list of VOX software:
    >> http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Software/Audio_Recorders/
    >>

    > Didn't say software. Thanks for playing though.

    Short of two tin cans and a bit of string most of the practical solutions to
    what you seek involve software.

    NotMe, Jan 5, 2011
  15. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    >> As much legal "medicinal" weed she's tokin', you would *think* it
    >> would be the other way around!
    >>

    >The irony of that. I'm 60. 40 years ago I would have loved "Medical
    >Marijuana". ( de facto decriminalization actually :)

    That wouldn't have come close to happening 40 years ago. :)

    >But now I've realized that it aint so hot for me at my age, and I need all my
    >remaining brain cells. LOL

    Works differently in different ppl. I actually get more energized
    and creative (if I ever did smoke :) And it calms my overactive
    nervous system (if I ever smoked it:)

    >My father used to say the same thing when me and my sister tried to get him
    >to smoke some. LOL

    Ha, to bad. He might of liked it.

    G. Morgan, Jan 5, 2011
  16. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    >It has an optional phone line adapter. <sigh>

    Well, good. I'll sleep much better tonight.

    G. Morgan, Jan 5, 2011
  17. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Jane_Galt" <> wrote:

    >Well it used to mess with my short term memory, if I recall.

    That should be your sig. :)

    G. Morgan, Jan 6, 2011
  18. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest