Re: L2TP Help needed!

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by bod43, Feb 1, 2010.

  1. bod43

    bod43 Guest

    On 1 Feb, 13:41, "Elia S." <> wrote:
    > Hello
    > I am in this situation:
    >
    > HQ:
    > Cisco 2651XM
    > fast0/0 LAN 192.168.1.0/24
    > fast0/1 remote link to the remote office via wireless link
    > atm0.1 wan link
    >
    > Remote office: (
    > Cisco 831:
    > eth0: LAN 192.168.10.0/24
    > eth1: "WAN"
    >
    > the eth1 of the C831 is connected via a transparent wireless bridge to the
    > fast0/1 of the C2651xm in the HQ
    > The C831 is not on all the day but only for a few hours a day. the remote
    > lan just browses the internet via the wi-fi link and via the HQ's link. The
    > wifi link is established at 11mbit (5mbit real throughput).
    > The wireless link is encrypted via wep128 (UNSECURE) and cannot be upgraded.
    >
    > After some days of planning I produced these ideas:
    >
    > a) PPPoE Link (the C831,when switched on, calls the 2651XM and makes a PPP
    > link to it) ms-chap-v2 + mppe 128
    > b) lan to lan ipsec link. I have the problem that I can route though ipsec
    > the traffic destinated to the remote lans (192.168.1.x -> 192.168.10.x and
    > vice-versa but I don't know how to tunnel the traffic to internet via the
    > 2651xm).
    > c) L2TP+IPSEC. A dialer interface on the C831 and a ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
    > dial1 so everything goes through it.
    >
    > Problem: I never configured a l2tp "dial up" .
    > Someone can help me ?

    You may already have considered this however my
    first thought is to just make the link a routed link.

    This makes IPSEC straightforward and will also prevent
    any broadcasts from leaking across the radio link.

    L2TP-v3 does not seem to be supported on
    83x or 85x or 87x.

    L2TP does not seem to be supported on
    831 but is on 836 and 801 so maybe that's a mistake
    in the Feature Navigator.
    bod43, Feb 1, 2010

  2. bod43

    bod43 Guest

    On 1 Feb, 14:42, bod43 <> wrote:
    > On 1 Feb, 13:41, "Elia S." <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hello
    > > I am in this situation:

    > > HQ:
    > > Cisco 2651XM
    > > fast0/0 LAN 192.168.1.0/24
    > > fast0/1 remote link to the remote office via wireless link
    > > atm0.1 wan link

    > > Remote office: (
    > > Cisco 831:
    > > eth0: LAN 192.168.10.0/24
    > > eth1: "WAN"

    > > the eth1 of the C831 is connected via a transparent wireless bridge to the
    > > fast0/1 of the C2651xm in the HQ
    > > The C831 is not on all the day but only for a few hours a day. the remote
    > > lan just browses the internet via the wi-fi link and via the HQ's link. The
    > > wifi link is established at 11mbit (5mbit real throughput).
    > > The wireless link is encrypted via wep128 (UNSECURE) and cannot be upgraded.

    > > After some days of planning I produced these ideas:

    > > a) PPPoE Link (the C831,when switched on, calls the 2651XM and makes a PPP
    > > link to it) ms-chap-v2 + mppe 128
    > > b) lan to lan ipsec link. I have the problem that I can route though ipsec
    > > the traffic destinated to the remote lans (192.168.1.x -> 192.168.10.x and
    > > vice-versa but I don't know how to tunnel the traffic to internet via the
    > > 2651xm).
    > > c) L2TP+IPSEC. A dialer interface on the C831 and a ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
    > > dial1 so everything goes through it.

    > > Problem: I never configured a l2tp "dial up" .
    > > Someone can help me ?

    > You may already have considered this however my
    > first thought is to just make the link a routed link.
    >
    > This makes IPSEC straightforward and will also prevent
    > any broadcasts from leaking across the radio link.
    >
    > L2TP-v3 does not seem to be supported on
    > 83x or 85x or 87x.
    >
    > L2TP does not seem to be supported on
    > 831 but is on 836 and 801 so maybe that's a mistake
    > in the Feature Navigator.

    By the way - if not already obvious I don't know much
    about L2TP.

    I did notice this -
    http://www.net-gyver.com/?p=952

    Bridging over GRE tunnels.

    router-t(config-if)#bridge-group 1
    % This command is an unreleased and unsupported feature

    Still unsupported but apparently is does work??

    It's not in the help.

    (config-if)#bridge?
    % Unrecognized command

    This is an 877 on Version 12.4(15)T7.