Re: L vs l

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:35:50 GMT, "Billy" <> wrote:

    >Likely most of us are, since you won't even share the program name. :)

    It may go deeper than that...if the program doesn't recognize the Caps
    key, it may be a proprietary application which was coded by someone
    who just didn't think of everything. In the earlier days of computing,
    one of the frequent error sources was mistaking an l (lower case L)
    with a 1 (they often looked identical; the ID10T error joke was less
    obvious). Will the Alt plus numerical keypad entries work?

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Mar 6, 2004

  2. On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 08:29:06 -0600, "VanillaSky"
    <> wrote:

    >I do think its a propritary issue. I overheard one of the programmers
    >saying he could tweak it to accept an L. Its out of my hands now,
    >
    >thanks anyways :~)

    That's exactly what it'll take, if that is indeed the issue. Good luck
    with it.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Mar 6, 2004