Re: Kodak to stop making digital cameras

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan, Feb 10, 2012.

  1. In article <>,
    Alan Browne <> wrote:
    >On 2012-02-10 12:57 , William Hamblen wrote:
    >
    >> I've already seen Kodak Christmas tree lights. This was not a recent event.

    >I recall Polaroid VHS tapes. These were contract manufactured and
    >branded Polaroid.

    I have a Polaroid LCD (analog not hidef digital) TV/Monitor. There's probably
    still "Polaroid" products being made today. And I have confidence there
    will still be "Kodak" prodacts in the future.

    It's even possible "Kodak" will become an important company. If I recall
    the process, today's "AT&T" was originally RBOC Bellsouth (nee Southern Bell)
    which bought out the floundering original AT&T and adopted its name because
    the name tested so well.
    --
    ------
    columbiaclosings.com

    (Ted Nolan, Feb 10, 2012

  2. On 02/10/2012 04:19 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > Alan Browne<> wrote:
    >> On 2012-02-10 12:57 , William Hamblen wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've already seen Kodak Christmas tree lights. This was not a recent event.

    >> I recall Polaroid VHS tapes. These were contract manufactured and
    >> branded Polaroid.
    >>

    > I have a Polaroid LCD (analog not hidef digital) TV/Monitor. There's probably
    > still "Polaroid" products being made today. And I have confidence there
    > will still be "Kodak" prodacts in the future.
    >
    > It's even possible "Kodak" will become an important company. If I recall
    > the process, today's "AT&T" was originally RBOC Bellsouth (nee Southern Bell)
    > which bought out the floundering original AT&T and adopted its name because
    > the name tested so well.

    Just as the brand "RCA" is still around, but it's attached to Chinese crap.

    Kenneth Scharf, Feb 12, 2012

  3.  (Ted Nolan

    Robert Coe Guest

    : > Alan Browne<> wrote:
    : >> On 2012-02-10 12:57 , William Hamblen wrote:
    : >>
    : >>> I've already seen Kodak Christmas tree lights. This was not a recent event.
    : >>
    : >> I recall Polaroid VHS tapes. These were contract manufactured and
    : >> branded Polaroid.
    : >>
    : >
    : > I have a Polaroid LCD (analog not hidef digital) TV/Monitor. There's probably
    : > still "Polaroid" products being made today. And I have confidence there
    : > will still be "Kodak" prodacts in the future.
    : >
    : > It's even possible "Kodak" will become an important company. If I recall
    : > the process, today's "AT&T" was originally RBOC Bellsouth (nee Southern Bell)
    : > which bought out the floundering original AT&T and adopted its name because
    : > the name tested so well.
    : Just as the brand "RCA" is still around, but it's attached to Chinese crap.

    And a provincial wannabe bank in North Carolina bought the California-based
    Bank of America, just so they could plunder its name.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Feb 12, 2012