Re: Kodak to stop making digital cameras

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Feb 10, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Feb 10, 2012

  2. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:19:20 -0800 (PST), RichA <> wrote:
    : On Feb 9, 6:05 pm, Alan Browne <>
    : wrote:
    : > http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/02/09/business/09reuters-kodak.ht...
    : > or -http://tinyurl.com/7fc5nzs
    : >
    : > http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-09/kodak-phasing-out-digital-ca...
    : > or -http://tinyurl.com/88kq392
    : >
    : > Trying to sell patents...
    : > Trying to license its brand...
    : >
    : > Will focus on printers (they are 6th in the market ... what did Jack
    : > Welch used to say...).
    : >
    :
    : They are in serious trouble if they think printers are a going
    : concern.

    The fact that Kodak is in serious trouble is hardly news to anyone.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Feb 10, 2012

  3. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:18:37 -0500, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:19:20 -0800 (PST), RichA <> wrote:
    >: On Feb 9, 6:05 pm, Alan Browne <>
    >: wrote:
    >: > http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/02/09/business/09reuters-kodak.ht...
    >: > or -http://tinyurl.com/7fc5nzs
    >: >
    >: > http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-09/kodak-phasing-out-digital-ca...
    >: > or -http://tinyurl.com/88kq392
    >: >
    >: > Trying to sell patents...
    >: > Trying to license its brand...
    >: >
    >: > Will focus on printers (they are 6th in the market ... what did Jack
    >: > Welch used to say...).
    >: >
    >:
    >: They are in serious trouble if they think printers are a going
    >: concern.
    >
    >The fact that Kodak is in serious trouble is hardly news to anyone.
    >
    >Bob

    Not anyone here, perhaps, but do one of those "nospam" market tests
    and go down to your local chain drugstore and ask the first 100 people
    to name ten American companies that are successful and I'd bet you'd
    find Kodak on the list of many responders. There are many people who
    don't follow business news like this.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Feb 10, 2012
  4. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/9/2012 7:19 PM, RichA wrote:
    > On Feb 9, 6:05 pm, Alan Browne<>
    > wrote:
    >> http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/02/09/business/09reuters-kodak.ht...
    >> or -http://tinyurl.com/7fc5nzs
    >>
    >> http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-09/kodak-phasing-out-digital-ca...
    >> or -http://tinyurl.com/88kq392
    >>
    >> Trying to sell patents...
    >> Trying to license its brand...
    >>
    >> Will focus on printers (they are 6th in the market ... what did Jack
    >> Welch used to say...).
    >>

    > They are in serious trouble if they think printers are a going
    > concern.

    Kodak made a big mistake when they didn't hire you as a consultant.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Feb 11, 2012
  5. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <4f35c9e3$0$18729$-secrets.com>, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    > On 2/9/2012 7:19 PM, RichA wrote:
    > > They are in serious trouble if they think printers are a going
    > > concern.

    > Kodak made a big mistake when they didn't hire you as a consultant.

    yes they did. it would have kept him busy and he wouldn't have time to
    post here.
    nospam, Feb 11, 2012