Re: Killfile

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bart van der Wolf, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. "fhe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I just killfiled Monika. Now if the rest of you would just quit
    > responding to her trash (killfile makes it easy) we'd be rid of her.

    It's much more effective to report this type of abuse to:
    , including the original message.

    Closing one's eyes doesn't make these kids go away, their (parents) account
    being terminated does.

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Bart van der Wolf

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bart van der Wolf wrote:

    > "fhe" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I just killfiled Monika. Now if the rest of you would just quit
    >>responding to her trash (killfile makes it easy) we'd be rid of her.

    > It's much more effective to report this type of abuse to:
    > , including the original message.
    >
    > Closing one's eyes doesn't make these kids go away, their (parents) account
    > being terminated does.
    >
    > Bart

    Which, of course, assumes that you access the group through Google.
    Which I am sure most of us do NOT. But the idea is good.
    Ron Hunter, Sep 12, 2003

  3. Bart van der Wolf

    fruitbat Guest

    Ron Hunter <> wrote:

    > Bart van der Wolf wrote:
    >
    >> "fhe" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I just killfiled Monika. Now if the rest of you would just quit
    >>>responding to her trash (killfile makes it easy) we'd be rid of
    >>>her.

    >> It's much more effective to report this type of abuse to:
    >> , including the original message.
    >>
    >> Closing one's eyes doesn't make these kids go away, their (parents)
    >> account being terminated does.

    > Which, of course, assumes that you access the group through Google.
    > Which I am sure most of us do NOT. But the idea is good.

    I think he was referring to the fact that "Monica" posts through Google,
    and complaining to them *should* get the account revoked... I don't know
    how much Google care about that stuff, though.

    Jeff
    fruitbat, Sep 12, 2003
  4. Bart van der Wolf

    fhe Guest

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:38:47 -0500, fruitbat <>
    wrote:

    >Ron Hunter <> wrote:
    >
    >> Bart van der Wolf wrote:
    >>
    >>> "fhe" <> wrote in message

    >>> It's much more effective to report this type of abuse to:
    >>> , including the original message.
    >>>
    >>> Closing one's eyes doesn't make these kids go away, their (parents)
    >>> account being terminated does.

    >> Which, of course, assumes that you access the group through Google.
    >> Which I am sure most of us do NOT. But the idea is good.

    >I think he was referring to the fact that "Monica" posts through Google,
    >and complaining to them *should* get the account revoked... I don't know
    >how much Google care about that stuff, though.
    >
    >Jeff

    I would argue that closing one's eyes to this kind of troll is very
    effective IF EVERYBODY DOES IT. what they are after is attention. If
    everybody studiously ignores their garbage, the incentive to keep
    sending it goes away and (hopefully) they'll find some other source of
    entertainment.
    fhe, Sep 12, 2003