Re: Kill Deer Along The Shoreline With The D3x!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by me@mine.net, Mar 15, 2009.

  1. Guest

    On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:50:31 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Neil Harrington"
    <> wrote:

    >Nice shot, but I don't get the "kill deer" part.

    Common plover in the US,
    http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Killdeer.html

    Lowly early morning D300 shot from last month near Jamestown, VA.
    file:///G:/Edwardgruf.com/2009-02-14_james_am/slides/_DSC0198.html

    , Mar 15, 2009

  2. Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Furman, Mar 15, 2009

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:50:18 -0500, in rec.photo.digital George Kerby
    <> wrote:

    >In my previous post on this, I think the first shot wasn't a "broken wing",
    >but more like what I just read from your reference: "The Killdeer uses a
    >quite different display, fluffing itself up, displaying its tail over its
    >head, and running at the beast to attempt to make it change its path."
    >
    >She sure has her tail up, but looks like 'the beast' was too dumb to change
    >paths...

    Would tend to agree with you on this.

    , Mar 15, 2009