Re: Kid's Typing Tutor?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by bambam, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. bambam

    bambam Guest

    "Ralph D." <> wrote in

    > Anyone have any experience with a good freeware typing tutor for a
    > 10 yr old boy who's having a hard time getting going? There is so
    > much good educational software out there for him... one would
    > think this basic would be well-covered. I need a good *and* fun
    > one, 'cause he's taking to computers well... but not the typing
    > (and his teacher sees it as a must).

    Here is one I found-

    http://www.aetech.co.uk/ttutor/

    I found it at the following site that might also be of interest-

    http://www.kidsfreeware.com/

    Hope this helps. :)

    --
    Remember, half the people you know are below average.

    bambam, Oct 15, 2003

  2. bambam

    Ralph D. Guest

    thanks for the replies. I was hoping I'd see some first-hand experience with
    one... but these are some good starting points!

    Ralph D., Oct 16, 2003

  3. bambam

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Ralph D." <> wrote in

    > thanks for the replies. I was hoping I'd see some first-hand
    > experience with one... but these are some good starting points!

    You may want to check out KP Typing Tutor (search google). Though not
    specifically designed for kids, it is indeed one of the best teach you to
    type programs I've seen (it raised someone I know's speed from ~12 words a
    minute to ~35 words a minute in about 2 months)

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 16, 2003
  4. bambam

    Kenny Guest

    A free one:
    http://www.computeractive.co.uk/Download/103615
    and shareware:
    http://www.computeractive.co.uk/Download/101653
    Don't know much about them but they're small downloads and worth a look.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Oct 21, 2003