Re: Keyboard cleaning

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Professor, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Professor

    Professor Guest

    My broker told me a story about another broker who spilled coffee on his
    keyboard and when he tried to wipe it off he accidentally sold ten million
    dollars worth of French bonds. It took his company two million to buy them
    back and he of course was fired.
    "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
    > > > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > (who

    my

    sometimes
    > > > brings

    dont
    > > > work,

    not
    > > all
    > > > of

    > something
    > > > like

    > wasnt
    > > > leaving

    > > stuff

    > keys
    > > > (in

    > hardest
    > > at

    > > pull

    > > > clean

    > > > little
    > > > together

    > > > What about the rubber padding that goes between the keypads & the

    > plastic
    > > > circuit board? Is that dishwasher safe? Use hot or non-hot water?
    > > >

    > > That is okay too. What's fun is when you run into an older keyboard that
    > > instead of keeping all those rubber circles on a sheet has them all
    > > loose...that's 104 rubber dots to line up when I put the thing back
    > > together! (I don't put those through the dishwasher 'cause I'd probably

    > lose
    > > one <g>)
    > >
    > > And for those who think we're nuts for cleaning them, I have an

    extremely
    > > limited budget...and a genuine MS Natural keyboard isn't as inexpensive

    as
    > > you might think. PLUS the newer models changed the layout of the arrow

    and
    > > cursor keys. I hate that! So I keep the old ones going if at all

    possible.

    > Yes, & also its hard to find a keyboard these days. Nowdays you find a
    > plastic plate with the normal keys on it & cluttered with allot of buttons
    > to do things we're all used to using the mouse & start menue/icons to
    > do...when I want to turn up the volume on my speaker I reach for the

    speaker
    > itself or click that icon in the system tray, not reach for a button on

    the

    Professor, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Professor

    John Guest