Re: Keyboard cleaning

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Toolman Tim, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    > > And for those who think we're nuts for cleaning them, I have an
    extremely
    > > limited budget...and a genuine MS Natural keyboard isn't as inexpensive

    as
    > > you might think. PLUS the newer models changed the layout of the arrow

    and
    > > cursor keys. I hate that! So I keep the old ones going if at all

    possible.

    > Yes, & also its hard to find a keyboard these days. Nowdays you find a
    > plastic plate with the normal keys on it & cluttered with allot of buttons
    > to do things we're all used to using the mouse & start menue/icons to
    > do...when I want to turn up the volume on my speaker I reach for the

    speaker
    > itself or click that icon in the system tray, not reach for a button on

    the
    > keyboard. I dont like losing my keyboard due to some over powerful "try

    > make your keyboard a Windoze universal remote for the lazy & stupid"
    > unstable application.
    > Same with USB. A USB mouse is one thing, but I still prefer the PS2
    > kind & also I don't like the idea of plugging a keyboard into a slot that
    > you have to install drivers to ensure it works properly (what about when
    > we're in DOS...boot disks?).
    > By the way...do you know where I can order (online) a MS Natural
    > Keyboard?

    Check www.pricewatch.com - it's my favorite starting place for shopping
    online.
    For instance: http://us-depot.com/micnatelps2.html - Microsoft Natural
    "Elite" keyboard. Still not the one I like, but that's long since gone. The
    "full size" replacement is http://us-depot.com/micusbnatkey.html but it has
    "multimedia" keys, and they dorked up the upper bank of cursor keys (page
    up, page down, delete, insert, etc.)

    Toolman Tim, Apr 1, 2004