Re: Ke386SetIoAccessMap

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by BullDawg, Mar 7, 2012.

  1. BullDawg

    BullDawg Guest

    The answer you were given by Calvin Guan in another list is correct. You
    will most likely not find any solution that will work with Win 7 x64. That
    is the danger in relying on undocumented calls; they may not exist in the
    next version.

    //////////
    Begin Quote
    /////////

    "No surprise at all, as its name suggested, it's 386 specific.

    You need a kernel mode driver to access the hardware instead of accessing it
    from UM directly.

    --
    Calvin Guan (Windows DDK MVP)
    Staff SW Engineer NetXtreme MINIPORT

    /////////
    End Quote
    ////////

    Other links that basically state the same.

    http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive...elopment.device.drivers/2005-07/msg00451.html

    --
    ______________

    BullDawg
    In God We Trust
    ______________

    BullDawg, Mar 7, 2012

  2. BullDawg

    Guest

    > We have a bar code stripe reader utility driver which was used
    > Ke386SetIoAccessMap develop its driver, I try compile driver for Window 7
    > (64bit), and surprise - undocumented functions from previous systems
    > versions are not available.

    There _is_ a way to cope with this problem.
    But it needs some preparation and luck.
    Typically, you don't have the source code.

    1. Configure your user-mode software in a way that it throws an exception for the compiled-in I/O access. Just as for good old Win95 software. This is needed for the second step.

    2. As InpOut32.dll works on Win7/64, a special user-mode debugger software can catch the exceptions and redirect it to InpOut32.dll. This is done with that small software piece:
    http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heha/viewzip.cgi/hs_freeware/inpout32-h#s.zip/catchio/

    3. Throw away the 32-bit kernel-mode driver that uses Ke386Xxx routines.

    henni
    , Aug 19, 2013