Re: Just got my Epson R210

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:59:03 +1200, Patrick Dunford wrote:

    > Palm
    >> >
    >> > Yes but that affects ALL Ink Jet printers not just Epson, and Lexmark

    >> being
    >> > the worse..
    >> >

    >> i think we all agree that HP is the worst

    > But their the darling of the linux community

    And where did you get that idea from. HP have not understood that the
    Penguin will not buy their printers unless drivers are avaliable. Epson on
    the other hand knew what the Penguin was talking about and gave the
    infomation which enabled the drivers to be written.
    Gordon, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Gordon

    brundlefly Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    > And where did you get that idea from. HP have not understood that the
    > Penguin will not buy their printers unless drivers are avaliable. Epson on
    > the other hand knew what the Penguin was talking about and gave the
    > infomation which enabled the drivers to be written.

    gooo goooo goooo gaaaa gaaaaa penguin!
    goo gooo

    lets all do cute baby talk about Penguins

    goo goo goo .....
    brundlefly, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Gordon
    > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:59:03 +1200, Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >
    > > Palm

    > >> being
    > >> >
    > >> i think we all agree that HP is the worst

    > > But their the darling of the linux community

    > And where did you get that idea from. HP have not understood that the
    > Penguin will not buy their printers unless drivers are avaliable. Epson on
    > the other hand knew what the Penguin was talking about and gave the
    > infomation which enabled the drivers to be written.

    I'd suggest you are ignorant of the actual situation. Try subscribing to
    a NZ LUG list to update your knowledge. It so happens that HP printers
    are the best supported of any of the major printer brands, even though HP
    printers these days are mostly crap.
    Patrick Dunford, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Gordon

    Gib Bogle Guest

    brundlefly wrote:

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>And where did you get that idea from. HP have not understood that the
    >>Penguin will not buy their printers unless drivers are avaliable. Epson on
    >>the other hand knew what the Penguin was talking about and gave the
    >>infomation which enabled the drivers to be written.

    > gooo goooo goooo gaaaa gaaaaa penguin!
    > goo gooo
    >
    > lets all do cute baby talk about Penguins
    >
    > goo goo goo .....

    I'll bet you're a fan of that brilliant Scandinavian (?) kid's program,
    Pingu. The language used is understandable only by penguins and small
    children.

    Gib
    Gib Bogle, Apr 23, 2004