Re: JS Trojan

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    What was the *exact* name of the trojan? What's your OS?

    Try alternatives for cleaning your system:

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    Gladiator
    http://www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    On 28 Jun 2003 03:37:30 -0700, in
    <>
    Netty scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 28, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    Netty Guest

    I'm using Win98SE. The only name Norton came up with for the trojan
    was
    js[1].js - couldn't repair it, could only send it to quarantine.
    Anyway, the lump hammer didn't have to come out in the end. After a
    lot of faffing about, I managed to fdisk and reinstall Win98.
    Hopefully (touch wood) it's got rid of the little blighter. I've done
    a lot of searching over the net and can't seem to find an official
    name for this particular trojan (anybody know its name?). It had
    gathered a lot of information in a short space of time. It was amazing
    when I found its 'log files' to see just what it had gathered. I'm
    just glad I don't purchase anything over the net or do O/L banking as
    it looked like the trojan was tracking my key strokes as well as what
    sites i'd been to and details about my system setup. I've had my fair
    share of virii(?) but this was my first detected trojan, shook me up a
    bit. Hope I don't get another like it.

    Netty, Jul 8, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Holy smoke, this is over a week old.

    Anyway, as well as keeping your antivirus and anti-trojan
    software up-to-date (check for updates EVERY day), install
    a firewall (Outpost is the easiest to use):

    Outpost

    Sygate
    http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/spf_ov.htm

    Zone Alarm
    http://www.zonelabs.com/

    Kerio
    http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html

    Tiny
    http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?pg=tpf4_overview

    On 8 Jul 2003 14:29:05 -0700, in
    <>
    Netty scrawled:

    >I'm using Win98SE. The only name Norton came up with for the trojan
    >was
    >js[1].js - couldn't repair it, could only send it to quarantine.
    >Anyway, the lump hammer didn't have to come out in the end. After a
    >lot of faffing about, I managed to fdisk and reinstall Win98.
    >Hopefully (touch wood) it's got rid of the little blighter. I've done
    >a lot of searching over the net and can't seem to find an official
    >name for this particular trojan (anybody know its name?). It had
    >gathered a lot of information in a short space of time. It was amazing
    >when I found its 'log files' to see just what it had gathered. I'm
    >just glad I don't purchase anything over the net or do O/L banking as
    >it looked like the trojan was tracking my key strokes as well as what
    >sites i'd been to and details about my system setup. I've had my fair
    >share of virii(?) but this was my first detected trojan, shook me up a
    >bit. Hope I don't get another like it.
    >

    >°Mike° <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> What was the *exact* name of the trojan? What's your OS?
    >>
    >> Try alternatives for cleaning your system:
    >>
    >> Online Antivirus scanners:

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance