Re: jpg annotation

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mick Ruthven, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Mick Ruthven

    Mick Ruthven Guest

    One way to annotate photos is with IPTC data attached to the photo file
    itself. You can add a variety of IPTC data to your images using
    BreezeBrowser (and I'm sure other software). The data survives "save as"
    another filename in Photoshop 6; not sure what other software will or will
    not preserve it.

    As you may know, BreezeBrowser's main claim to fame is as a very convenient
    and versitle Canon RAW file converter. But it also has several other
    functions including generating websites from your images. IPTC data can be
    included in those presentations. BB is at www.breezesys.com.

    Information about the IPTC standard for data stored in images files can be
    obtained from the IPTC's web site: http://www.iptc.org/site/standards.html

    "Loren J. Donelson" <> wrote in message
    > I got a Cannon s45 recently and I'm looking for a good, long lasting, way

    > annotate the photos that I take. I'd like to use the file annotation

    format
    > that is most likely to survive long term so that the photos I add comments
    > to now, I'll easily be able to extract/read in the future. Can anyone

    point
    > me to an explanation of what's out there, or give me some advice on how to
    > begin?
    >
    > I know that there are a variety of photo album creation tools out there,

    but
    > it's not really a question of what software to buy, rather choosing a

    format

    Mick Ruthven, Jul 27, 2003