Re: Joliet names when burning to cd (filenames too long) -OT in one ng of the crosspost

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dadiOH, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. dadiOH

    dadiOH Guest

    anthonyberet wrote:
    >> I am surprised I haven't asked this before, but I find when
    >> burning files to CDR or CDRW with NERO 5.5.4.2 that it wont let me
    >> burn files with long names under ISO 1. I don't know all the ins-
    >> and-outs of the different coding systems, so can anybody tell me
    >> if a different one would be more suitable? -At the moment I am
    >> editing the filenames to make them fit, but this a pain in the
    >> backside. I am running win98se.
    >> Thanks.

    The simplest solution is to use a burning program that gives you other
    options...like ISO Level 2 Long which allows up to 212 characters.
    CDExtreme or look alike is one that does, more info and d/l links in
    my dandies. I have both it and Nero, never use Nero.

    --
    dadiOH
    ________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
    Get it at http://www.gbronline.com/xico/
    _________________________________

    dadiOH, Jul 21, 2003

  2. dadiOH

    anthonyberet Guest

    dadiOH wrote:
    > anthonyberet wrote:
    >>> I am surprised I haven't asked this before, but I find when
    >>> burning files to CDR or CDRW with NERO 5.5.4.2 that it wont let me
    >>> burn files with long names under ISO 1. I don't know all the ins-
    >>> and-outs of the different coding systems, so can anybody tell me
    >>> if a different one would be more suitable? -At the moment I am
    >>> editing the filenames to make them fit, but this a pain in the
    >>> backside. I am running win98se.
    >>> Thanks.

    > The simplest solution is to use a burning program that gives you other
    > options...like ISO Level 2 Long which allows up to 212 characters.
    > CDExtreme or look alike is one that does, more info and d/l links in
    > my dandies. I have both it and Nero, never use Nero.

    Thank you very much dadiOH.
    -I wonder why this isn't a more common problem actually?
    Are you aware of any problems or issues associated with ISO 2 long? -such as
    disc portability for instance?
    bounce.
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Jul 21, 2003