    "Galactica."

    When is "Galactica:1980" going to be released on?"

    , Feb 18, 2005

  2. David B Guest

    wrote:

    > wrote: Well, I like shows as different as the original and the new
    > "Galactica."
    >
    > When is "Galactica:1980" going to be released on?"

    Hopefully never.

    David B, Feb 19, 2005

  3. Owl Jolson Guest

    "David B" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >
    > > wrote: Well, I like shows as different as the original and the new
    > > "Galactica."
    > >
    > > When is "Galactica:1980" going to be released on?"

    > Hopefully never.

    IAWTP. Gal1980 was horrid. I hated those 6 Million $ Man fx.

    Owl Jolson, Feb 20, 2005
  4. In article <>, Owl Jolson
    <> wrote:

    > > > When is "Galactica:1980" going to be released on?"

    > > Hopefully never.
    > >

    > IAWTP. Gal1980 was horrid. I hated those 6 Million $ Man fx.

    I liked that bit where they edited Cylon ships over stock footage from
    "Earthquake". Made a convincing alien attack...

    As for G1980 on DVD, I think they should get one or two of the original
    actors and record a few new scenes - a 'framing' story, presenting the
    whole of G1980 as a virtual reality simulation of what would have
    happened had contact with Earth not gone well.

    FWIW, this is exactly what Richard Hatch's continuation of the original
    series would have done.

    --
    "No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we have
    pulled down the stars to our will."

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Feb 20, 2005
  5. "Keeper of the Purple Twilight" <> wrote in message

    >> > Hopefully never.
    >> >

    >> IAWTP. Gal1980 was horrid. I hated those 6 Million $ Man fx.

    > I liked that bit where they edited Cylon ships over stock footage from
    > "Earthquake". Made a convincing alien attack...
    >
    > As for G1980 on DVD, I think they should get one or two of the original
    > actors and record a few new scenes - a 'framing' story, presenting the
    > whole of G1980 as a virtual reality simulation of what would have
    > happened had contact with Earth not gone well.
    >
    > FWIW, this is exactly what Richard Hatch's continuation of the original
    > series would have done.

    Kind of like waking up and finding it was all a dream?

    Stephen Clark, Feb 20, 2005
  6. In article <>, Stephen Clark
    <> wrote:

    > "Keeper of the Purple Twilight" <> wrote in message

    > > As for G1980 on DVD, I think they should get one or two of the original
    > > actors and record a few new scenes - a 'framing' story, presenting the
    > > whole of G1980 as a virtual reality simulation of what would have
    > > happened had contact with Earth not gone well.
    > >
    > > FWIW, this is exactly what Richard Hatch's continuation of the original
    > > series would have done.

    > Kind of like waking up and finding it was all a dream?

    Better than that, IMHO.

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Feb 20, 2005
  7. Guest

    wrote: When is "Galactica:1980" going to be released on?"
    Hopefully never.

    If you don't like it , then don't buy it.

    Nobody's forcing you to buy it.

    But don't force people who actually want it from getting it.

    If it's ever released, and you don't like it, then don't buy it.

    But quit trying to force people who want it from being able to get it,
    by wanting it never released at all.

    , Feb 21, 2005